The New Berlin Community Band, under the direction of Jay Huenink, will present a holiday concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18 at the New Berlin Free Methodist Church, 2975 S. Sunnyslope Rd. The free concert includes a variety of selections, including The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Eddie Pola and George Wyle, A Christmas Festival by Leroy Anderson, And The Mountains Echoed: Gloria! by Robert Longfield, He Is Born arranged by Steve Reisteter, Away in the Manger arranged by Tom Wallace and Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming arranged by Larry Kerchner.
The band is supported by member dues, fund-raisers and contributions from ABB, Shecterle Enterprises (Culver's on National Avenue in New Berlin), New Berlin Animal Hospital, New Berlin Eagles, Landmark Credit Union, Highland Memorial Park, New Berlin Lions and Bartle Jewelers, as well as in-kind donations from VFW Post 5716 and the New Berlin Free Methodist Church for the use of their facilities. Additional donations will be accepted at the door or may be sent to: New Berlin Community Band, P.O. Box 510364, New Berlin, WI 53151.
New members to the band are always welcome, with the greatest need for low brass and percussion players. For more information, contact Jay Huenink at (262) 642-5411.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert:
- Vietnam Book To Be Discussed At Brookfield Library
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Benefit Concert/Dinner for St. John's Youth
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Find the Right Pillow for a Healthier Night’s Sleep
- Annual Muskego High School Career Bus Tour Helps Students
- Callen Says Weatherize Now to Save Energy in Winter
- Four Psychological Traps Investors Should Avoid
- Save the Date for the New Berlin West Pom & Dance Clinic on Nov. 21, 2015
- Help "Build" Holiday Cheer
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners