The New Berlin Community Band, under the direction of Jay Huenink, will present a holiday concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18 at the New Berlin Free Methodist Church, 2975 S. Sunnyslope Rd. The free concert includes a variety of selections, including The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Eddie Pola and George Wyle, A Christmas Festival by Leroy Anderson, And The Mountains Echoed: Gloria! by Robert Longfield, He Is Born arranged by Steve Reisteter, Away in the Manger arranged by Tom Wallace and Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming arranged by Larry Kerchner.
The band is supported by member dues, fund-raisers and contributions from ABB, Shecterle Enterprises (Culver's on National Avenue in New Berlin), New Berlin Animal Hospital, New Berlin Eagles, Landmark Credit Union, Highland Memorial Park, New Berlin Lions and Bartle Jewelers, as well as in-kind donations from VFW Post 5716 and the New Berlin Free Methodist Church for the use of their facilities. Additional donations will be accepted at the door or may be sent to: New Berlin Community Band, P.O. Box 510364, New Berlin, WI 53151.
New members to the band are always welcome, with the greatest need for low brass and percussion players. For more information, contact Jay Huenink at (262) 642-5411.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ukulele Workshop with Lil' Rev on Saturday, Nov. 29
- New Berlin Library Friends Nutcracker Sweets
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- So You Think You’re Getting a Good Deal
- THERE WILL BE MUSIC IN THE AIR AT MUSKEGO’S 2014 COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
- Care Right Inc. Brings “Senior Solutions” to Brookfield, Southeastern Wisconsin