The New Berlin Community Band, under the direction of Jay Huenink, will present a holiday concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18 at the New Berlin Free Methodist Church, 2975 S. Sunnyslope Rd. The free concert includes a variety of selections, including The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Eddie Pola and George Wyle, A Christmas Festival by Leroy Anderson, And The Mountains Echoed: Gloria! by Robert Longfield, He Is Born arranged by Steve Reisteter, Away in the Manger arranged by Tom Wallace and Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming arranged by Larry Kerchner.
The band is supported by member dues, fund-raisers and contributions from ABB, Shecterle Enterprises (Culver's on National Avenue in New Berlin), New Berlin Animal Hospital, New Berlin Eagles, Landmark Credit Union, Highland Memorial Park, New Berlin Lions and Bartle Jewelers, as well as in-kind donations from VFW Post 5716 and the New Berlin Free Methodist Church for the use of their facilities. Additional donations will be accepted at the door or may be sent to: New Berlin Community Band, P.O. Box 510364, New Berlin, WI 53151.
New members to the band are always welcome, with the greatest need for low brass and percussion players. For more information, contact Jay Huenink at (262) 642-5411.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- MOD Pizza Opening in New Berlin
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Studio Barcelona on Vliet Street in Washington Heights Opens to Offer Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Creative Workshops and Hand-painted Furniture
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET