370 Medical College of Wisconsin Doctors Recognized as Best Doctors in America
A total of 370 Medical College of Wisconsin faculty physicians, representing more than 40 specialties, are listed on the Best Doctors in America 2009 -2010 database. The information, compiled by Best Doctors, Inc., includes more physicians from the Medical College than any other group practice or institution in Wisconsin.
Medical College physicians account for over one-third (36.5%) of the 1,014 Wisconsin physicians listed in this year’s database. More Best Doctors practice at two of the Medical College’s major teaching hospital affiliates, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, than at any other hospitals in the state.
The database lists 302 Medical College physicians practicing at Froedtert. Of the 166 Best Doctors identified on Children’s Hospital’s medical staff, 130 are Medical College faculty pediatric specialists. To view the Medical College list of all 370 physicians, by name and specialty please visit the Website at www.mcw.edu/bestdoctors
Many Medical College faculty physicians on the Best Doctors list practice at both Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital as well as other Medical College hospital affiliates, including the Zablocki VA Medical Center and Community Memorial Hospital of Menomonee Falls.
The 45,000 U.S. physicians listed in the Best Doctors in America 2009 -2010 database represents the top five percent of the nation’s practicing board-certified physicians. Physicians selected for inclusion are determined through a peer-review by thousands of doctors nationwide. Only those physicians who earn the consensus support of their peers as well as meet additional qualification criteria are included. The database is available to public through subscription. Additional information is available at www.bestdoctors.com. Best Doctors is a registered trademark of Best Doctors, Inc.
New Berlin physicians from the Medical College of Wisconsin are among the honorees named to Best Doctors. Their names and specialties follow:
Asriani Chiu, M.D., Pediatrics (Allergy/Immunology)
Thomas Heinrich, M.D., Psychiatry
Cheryl Hillery, M.D., Pediatrics (Hematology/Oncology)
Eric Luy, M.D., Primary Care
Harvey Woehlck, M.D., Anesthesiology
Edith Burns, M.D., Medicine (Geriatrics)
Marlene Melzer-Lange, M.D., Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine)
David Warltier, M.D., Anesthesiology
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Taylor J. Poehls, DC, CKTP, joins Foundation for Wellness Professionals to educate community in health and wellness
- Greendale Community Theatre Announces 2013 Summer Show: Les Misérables
- Forbidden Grief ~ A Glimpse of Men In Pain
- Better Business Bureau Selects Anchor Moving Systems for Office Relocation
- AMY JOHNSON AS A CHARTER MEMBER OF THE DESTINATION WEDDING & HONEYMOON SPECIALISTS ASSOCIATION
- Callen Construction Earns GAF President’s Club Award