370 Medical College of Wisconsin Doctors Recognized as Best Doctors in America
A total of 370 Medical College of Wisconsin faculty physicians, representing more than 40 specialties, are listed on the Best Doctors in America 2009 -2010 database. The information, compiled by Best Doctors, Inc., includes more physicians from the Medical College than any other group practice or institution in Wisconsin.
Medical College physicians account for over one-third (36.5%) of the 1,014 Wisconsin physicians listed in this year’s database. More Best Doctors practice at two of the Medical College’s major teaching hospital affiliates, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, than at any other hospitals in the state.
The database lists 302 Medical College physicians practicing at Froedtert. Of the 166 Best Doctors identified on Children’s Hospital’s medical staff, 130 are Medical College faculty pediatric specialists. To view the Medical College list of all 370 physicians, by name and specialty please visit the Website at www.mcw.edu/bestdoctors
Many Medical College faculty physicians on the Best Doctors list practice at both Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital as well as other Medical College hospital affiliates, including the Zablocki VA Medical Center and Community Memorial Hospital of Menomonee Falls.
The 45,000 U.S. physicians listed in the Best Doctors in America 2009 -2010 database represents the top five percent of the nation’s practicing board-certified physicians. Physicians selected for inclusion are determined through a peer-review by thousands of doctors nationwide. Only those physicians who earn the consensus support of their peers as well as meet additional qualification criteria are included. The database is available to public through subscription. Additional information is available at www.bestdoctors.com. Best Doctors is a registered trademark of Best Doctors, Inc.
New Berlin physicians from the Medical College of Wisconsin are among the honorees named to Best Doctors. Their names and specialties follow:
Asriani Chiu, M.D., Pediatrics (Allergy/Immunology)
Thomas Heinrich, M.D., Psychiatry
Cheryl Hillery, M.D., Pediatrics (Hematology/Oncology)
Eric Luy, M.D., Primary Care
Harvey Woehlck, M.D., Anesthesiology
Edith Burns, M.D., Medicine (Geriatrics)
Marlene Melzer-Lange, M.D., Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine)
David Warltier, M.D., Anesthesiology
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player Alumni Resources Announces Second Annual Green Bay Packers Alumni Charity Fishing Tournament & VIP Event to Benefit Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- SOUTH MILWAUKEE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER PRESENTS AN EVENING OF COMEDY: FEATURING SMHS ALUMNI, JACKIE KASHIAN SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 7:30 PM
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- New Berlin Eisenhower Varsity Dance Places at STATE!!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- New Berlin among more affordable cities for renters insurance.