Children’s Hospital and Health System opens its new outpatient specialty center just north of I-43 at the intersection of Moorland and Beloit Roads in New Berlin, Wis. A grand opening ceremony was held July 30, and patient care begins today.
The outpatient center includes Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Clinics-New Berlin, which brings 15 pediatric specialties closer to the children and parents of New Berlin and surrounding communities. Specialties include: Adolescent Medicine, Allergy/Asthma (adult and pediatric), Audiology, Behavioral Health, Cardiology, Dermatology, ENT, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Pulmonary, Sinus, Sleep, Speech and Surgery consultation/follow-up with care provided by more than 40 pediatric specialty physicians and advance practice nurses. The clinic also will offer walk-in and scheduled laboratory and radiology services, including ultrasound, X-ray, fluoroscopy, MRI and CT.
“This new outpatient center is our first, and is designed to bring Children’s top-rated pediatric care closer to some suburban populations,” said Sue Widmann, director, Ambulatory Services, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. “We hope this will offer greater convenience and make life easier for parents whose children need specialty care.”
Children’s Medical Group-Forest View Pediatrics, a large pediatrician group with eight physicians, will relocate from Forest Home Ave. in Hales Corners to the new center, opening Friday, August 28. The Forest View Pediatrics practice has been part of the community since 1962 and has more than 35,000 patient visits annually.
“As pediatricians, we are excited to have this opportunity to better serve our families from the greater Milwaukee community,” said Chris Zukowski, MD, Children’s Medical Group-Forest View Pediatrics. “This new space will provide more convenient and improved access to our services and the specialty care from Children’s Hospital.”
To learn more about Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Clinics-New Berlin, visit www.chw.org/newberlin. For more information about Forest View Pediatrics, visit www.forestviewpediatrics.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rotary Club of New Berlin donates $5,200 to charity in 2015
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry