The Secret Attic party store at 17047 W. Greenfield Avenue in New Berlin will close on July 31, 2009. Several factors contributed to the closing. With Calhoun Road closed two years in a row coupled with the economy downfall, it became too difficult for the Secret Attic to recover.
The Secret Attic is a full line party store that specializes in costumes, costume accessories, balloons and balloon decorating, wedding and party supplies. Connie Hurley-Pronley worked from her home starting with a dress-up birthday party business in addition to her Speech/Language Pathology career in November 2000. She used her skills in planning lessons for children along with her music and dance background to plan, coordinate, and host dress-up parties in people’s homes. The business expanded to balloon decorating and costume rentals. By June 2003, Connie opened the storefront in New Berlin along with her husband and three children. Together, in six years, they hosted hundreds of parties, rented thousands of costumes, supported many school and arts programs, decorated for local church and business events, and helped customers plan for important celebrations in their lives.
The store grew to a ten person staff with one full-time manager, Mary Brissette. Each employee became an extended family member. The Secret Attic family worked hard to create a welcoming atmosphere where the customer was the guest. Striving for cleanliness and meticulously choosing products that were of good quality, reasonably priced, and in good taste for the entire family was just a few of their goals.
During its closing sales, the Secret Attic staff continues to consult and share ideas for your party planning needs. They cordially invite community members to come in as their guest at the Secret Attic until the doors close on July 31st. The Secret Attic has appreciated and enjoyed serving the New Berlin and surrounding communities in their events and celebrations for the past 6 years. They look forward to your last visit and thank you for your business.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Just in time for Halloween, a bewitching pair by Irish dance author
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Honoring Grief - Finding Our Way Through the Holidays
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- WCA “I Choose Compassion” Campaign Launches For National Bullying Prevention Month
- Fall Family Fun Fest at Trinity UCC
- Conference Presents Debate on Legalization of Marijuana