Be who you are! Don’t play to the status quo! Let integrity and passion drive your dreams. Disney’s High School Musical offers positive themes and role models in Disney’s most successful film in its history. Plus it is just plain great entertainment. Playing live in New Berlin, High School Musical, Jr. opens August 1 for one day only with two (2) performances at the West Performing Arts Center on Cleveland Avenue.
In Disney Channel's smash hit movie musical, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, Troy, Gabriella, and the students of East High return to school after winter break. The Jocks, Brainiacs and Thespians find their cliques, recount their vacations, and look forward to the new year. Basketball team captain and jock Troy discovers that the brainy Gabriella, a girl he met singing karaoke on his ski trip, has just enrolled at East High. They cause an upheaval when they decide to audition for the high school musical, led by drama teacher Ms. Darbus. Although many students resent the threat posed to the "status quo," Troy and Gabriella’s alliance might just open the door for others to shine as well. Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL is fun for the whole family featuring infectious, danceable songs like “We’re All in This Together,” “Get’cha Head in the Game,” and “Bop to the Top” are sure to engage all ages!
Disney’s High School Musical, Jr. is produced by New Berlin Summer Theatre Workshop. In its second year, the Workshop trains students ages 5th grade to 12th grade in musical and technical theatre development through a hands-on program. Students attend the program Monday through Friday from 1pm to 5pm for four weeks, learning the craft and staging a live musical.
General seating tickets for the August 1st 7pm performance is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors (60+), $3 for students and $2 for children. All tickets are $2 for the 10AM Matinee. Purchase with a credit card on-line or with cash at the PAC Box Office.
For links to on-line ticket sales, visit www.nbexcellence.org/community/westpac.cfm and choose the TICKETS link. Call (262) 789-6406 for voice. Like www.facebook.com/NewBerlinSummerTheatre
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- New Berlin Youth Wrestling sets dates for upcoming season
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Autumn Harvest Bowl Disc Golf Event for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Shopping Market is October 3-5 at Hawthorne Hill Farm
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- "Diary of Anne Frank" at Lake Country Playhouse in October
- BSI is Best In Show at STRUT
- ABC News Anchor Dan Harris Featured as Keynote Speaker for 2014 Alverno Community Conference