Two weeks ago, our freshmen team traveled to New Berlin West for an early season baseball game. During the first inning, two of our players collided and one of them sustained a concussion and the other young man suffered a horrific compound fracture of his leg that was witnessed firsthand by many of the New Berlin West players and parents. After a long delay and a trip to the emergency room for the injured player, the coaches and umpires decided to call the game off due to the severity of the injury.
This afternoon, our team returned to New Berlin West to make up this game. Not only were all of the New Berlin parents, coaches, and players genuinely concerned about how the young man was doing, they presented us with a gift basket for us to bring to our injured player. The gift contained a variety of gift cards, DVD’s and candy for our player. The contents of the gift had to be valued at well over $100.
In a world that always seems to be focused on the negative and selfish actions of individuals, I felt it was necessary to acknowledge and recognize this generous act of kindness. The New Berlin community has no connection to this young man, but they felt the need to show us that they were still thinking about him and his welfare, and it was greatly appreciated.
Arrowhead High School Freshmen Baseball
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Refuse To Be A Victim ® Seminar to be Presented in Muskego
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- Waukesha Civic Band 72nd Season Plays On