It was nice summer day as members of the Rotary Club of New Berlin, along with a guest, donned their work gloves for a good cause on Saturday, June 7. They pulled weeds and spread mulch in two sections on the grounds of the New Berlin Community Center, 14750 W. Cleveland Ave.
Pictured are Rotarian Dianne Moore; Dianne's husband, Bill Moore; and Rotarians Scott Klaas and Rick Hobbs. Rotarian Tom Fuszard also assisted. The Rotarians are wearing their "Rotarian At Work" safety vests, used for volunteer work.
Rotary's motto is "Service Above Self." Rotarians enjoy participating in these types of events, because they allow members to give back to their community. As we say, we try to make our community an even better place one project at a time.
The Rotary Club of New Berlin is comprised of fun-loving business people and retired folks committed to making New Berlin an even better community. Charted in 1970, the club has supported numerous organizations and individuals over the years. To learn more, visit our website. Feel free to join us for lunch sometime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Summer Basketball Camps for Youth
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- The Knightwind Ensemble Memorial Day Concert
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: How to Pick Running Shoes
- Household Hazardous Waste Special Collections: June 6 – Brookfield and June 20 – Delafield
- Summer soccer camp