It was nice summer day as members of the Rotary Club of New Berlin, along with a guest, donned their work gloves for a good cause on Saturday, June 7. They pulled weeds and spread mulch in two sections on the grounds of the New Berlin Community Center, 14750 W. Cleveland Ave.
Pictured are Rotarian Dianne Moore; Dianne's husband, Bill Moore; and Rotarians Scott Klaas and Rick Hobbs. Rotarian Tom Fuszard also assisted. The Rotarians are wearing their "Rotarian At Work" safety vests, used for volunteer work.
Rotary's motto is "Service Above Self." Rotarians enjoy participating in these types of events, because they allow members to give back to their community. As we say, we try to make our community an even better place one project at a time.
The Rotary Club of New Berlin is comprised of fun-loving business people and retired folks committed to making New Berlin an even better community. Charted in 1970, the club has supported numerous organizations and individuals over the years. To learn more, visit our website. Feel free to join us for lunch sometime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gnome Little Free Library
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- New Berlin residents bring the spirit of the Peace Corps to Panama
- Schroeder to Assume Founder Role, Passes Reins to Yentz
- Ukulele Workshop with Lil' Rev on Saturday, Nov. 29
- New Berlin Library Friends Nutcracker Sweets
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County