20+ Vendors “Gather For A Cause” Saturday, June 7th
Forest Park Presbyterian Church, 2300 S Sunny Slope Road will host their annual June sale from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday, June 7th. Vendors will showcase a variety of collectibles, art and crafts. Celebrated bake sale and well-known church rummage features something for everyone including a “CRAFT STASH SALE to feed your ARTFUL Soul! Delicious Italians and Pulled Pork Sandwiches are back by demand and will be served starting at 10:30 until they are gone! Enjoy the special music of Rick Pomeroy from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The cause selected to receive the proceeds from this sale will benefit Building Cambodia. Meet Pat Lyon who over the last decade has focused to help the people of northwestern Cambodia in meaningful, sustainable ways. Some of their accomplishments include:
Over 50 clean-water wells for use by entire rural villages, schoolchildren, and impoverished families.
Over 10 bathroom facilities to help reduce incidence of disease and improve general wellbeing.
Agricultural programs for establishing pig pens, planting high value crops, and training on farming techniques.
Installed over 15 modern PC’s and provided training from basic computer use to advanced programming skills.
Imported medical supplies including operating room instruments, suture, and a massive shipment of family size mosquito nets.
Seminars and training on English, life skills, science and more.
Established an endowment for post-secondary education with the oversight authority rooted in the community and controlled by village elders.
Having just returned from her spring trip Pat will also have items for purchase from her “Elephants Trunk.”
Forest Park Church organizes the “Gather For A Cause” events for the first Saturday in June and October. All booth rental fees and church sales go to organizations outside of Forest Park to to help develop communities in which all people thrive and experience the fullness of life. Interested in joining us? Call the church office for more details at 262-786-5850.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Refuse To Be A Victim ® Seminar to be Presented in Muskego
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- Waukesha Civic Band 72nd Season Plays On