Cascio Interstate Music SuperStore, 13819 W. National Avenue in New Berlin, presents a Meet and Greet with trumpeter and vocalist Mark Pender on Saturday, April 26 from 11am - 1 pm inside the store. Pender will hang out on Cascio's retail floor to meet the public, sign autographs, and pose for photos. Everyone is welcome to meet and chat with this versatile, experienced musician and to view Cascio’s full line of B&S Challenger Trumpets. Mark plays B&S Challenger Elaboration trumpets.
Mark "The Loveman" Pender has been a part of Conan O'Brien's bands since 1993, performing on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" as a member of The Max Weinberg 7 and The Tonight Show Band. Currently he performs as a member of the Basic Cable Band on "Conan" which airs nightly on TBS.
Pender grew up in Kansas City and played with the Inner City Orchestra from 1977-79, which gave Mark a chance to work with noted jazz and soul greats like Jay McShann, Ella Fitzgerald, and Gladys Knight and the Pips.
It was in New York that his years of touring and recording began. From 1981-82, Mark toured with Diana Ross. In 1982, he played with Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul (Men Without Women). He also played with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes (Trash It Up, 1983; In the Heat, 1984; At Least We've Got Shoes, 1985; Better Days, 1991), Bruce Springsteen (Live Anthology, 1985; Chimes of Freedom, 1988; Tracks, 1998), Shannon (Do You Wanna Get Away, 1985), and Power Station (Some Like it Hot, 1985). Other musicians that Mark has played with include David Bowie (Tonight, 1984; Changesbowie, 1990), Joe Cocker (One Night of Sin, 1988), Bon Jovi (These Days, 1995), They Might Be Giants (Dr. Worm, 1998), and Robert Cray (A Shame and a Sin, 1993).
As a bandleader, singer and songwriter, Mark has been performing in New York area clubs with an R&B and jazz laced funk band, The Mark Pender Band. Mark leads the band on vocals and trumpet. The band also features Richie "La Bamba" Rosenberg on trombone and vocals, Glenn Alexander on guitar and vocals and Mo Roberts on drums, Tim Cappello on sax and Paul Frazier on bass.
Read more about Mark at http://www.markpenderband.com/ and http://www.b-and-s.com/artists.html?id=159.
Interact on Facebook with Cascio Interstate Music SuperStore, Wisconsin’s largest music store, at https://www.facebook.com/Cascio.Superstore.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Refuse To Be A Victim ® Seminar to be Presented in Muskego
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident