New Berlin Police Department Teams Up With New Berlin Eisenhower for "Spotlight On Careers"
The Eisenhower Guidance Department in collaboration with the Technology and Engineering Department has developed a program titled, “Spotlight on Careers.” This program is a before school presentation, (7:30 AM-8:00 AM) for students and parents alike that spotlights New Berlin businesses and the careers available within those businesses. The program premiered on March 28 with a presentation from the New Berlin Police Department.
“The Police Department was the logical choice for the premiere” according to Mary Jane Whitty, one of the originators of the program. Whitty said, “The relationship we have with the department is so positive. This department truly cares about the young citizens of New Berlin, and never says no when we ask them to partner with us for kids.” Captain Mike Glider and School Resource Officer Steve Dodson’s presentation included information on education necessary for police work, personal skills needed, challenges of police work, the many different aspects of the job and responsibilities and rewards of the career.
This series continues on April 11th with a presentation by Sgt. Tim Wolff US ARMY, (a graduate of Eisenhower) who will be making a presentation on the careers and educational opportunities in the military. Other presenters include Hal’s Harley Davidson, Mayor Dave Ament, Quad Graphics, Joy Global and ATI Physical Therapy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Faith Community Church offering ALPHA Course Starting April 22
- Better Public Speaking Open House
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on April 22, 2015
- WCTC to offer LEGO robotics camp for kids 9-14
- Community Volunteers Race to Action for Muskego Senior Taxi