New Berlin Police Department Teams Up With New Berlin Eisenhower for "Spotlight On Careers"
The Eisenhower Guidance Department in collaboration with the Technology and Engineering Department has developed a program titled, “Spotlight on Careers.” This program is a before school presentation, (7:30 AM-8:00 AM) for students and parents alike that spotlights New Berlin businesses and the careers available within those businesses. The program premiered on March 28 with a presentation from the New Berlin Police Department.
“The Police Department was the logical choice for the premiere” according to Mary Jane Whitty, one of the originators of the program. Whitty said, “The relationship we have with the department is so positive. This department truly cares about the young citizens of New Berlin, and never says no when we ask them to partner with us for kids.” Captain Mike Glider and School Resource Officer Steve Dodson’s presentation included information on education necessary for police work, personal skills needed, challenges of police work, the many different aspects of the job and responsibilities and rewards of the career.
This series continues on April 11th with a presentation by Sgt. Tim Wolff US ARMY, (a graduate of Eisenhower) who will be making a presentation on the careers and educational opportunities in the military. Other presenters include Hal’s Harley Davidson, Mayor Dave Ament, Quad Graphics, Joy Global and ATI Physical Therapy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- Governor Walker Visits PreventaMed Technologies to Kick Off His New Jobs Plan for Wisconsin
- Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Chill Out at 19th Annual BC Band Chili Feed - September 26th
- How To Write and Deliver A Tale Tall
- Recycling Stream Quality