New Berlin Police Department Teams Up With New Berlin Eisenhower for "Spotlight On Careers"
The Eisenhower Guidance Department in collaboration with the Technology and Engineering Department has developed a program titled, “Spotlight on Careers.” This program is a before school presentation, (7:30 AM-8:00 AM) for students and parents alike that spotlights New Berlin businesses and the careers available within those businesses. The program premiered on March 28 with a presentation from the New Berlin Police Department.
“The Police Department was the logical choice for the premiere” according to Mary Jane Whitty, one of the originators of the program. Whitty said, “The relationship we have with the department is so positive. This department truly cares about the young citizens of New Berlin, and never says no when we ask them to partner with us for kids.” Captain Mike Glider and School Resource Officer Steve Dodson’s presentation included information on education necessary for police work, personal skills needed, challenges of police work, the many different aspects of the job and responsibilities and rewards of the career.
This series continues on April 11th with a presentation by Sgt. Tim Wolff US ARMY, (a graduate of Eisenhower) who will be making a presentation on the careers and educational opportunities in the military. Other presenters include Hal’s Harley Davidson, Mayor Dave Ament, Quad Graphics, Joy Global and ATI Physical Therapy.
- Rotary Club selects Pat McLaughlin as new president
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Enjoy Local Cuisine and the Water Bugs Show on Little Muskego Lake
- School District of New Berlin Expands Post-Secondary Options
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- MOD Pizza Opening in New Berlin
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS