Jake Belongia an 8th grader at New Berlin Eisenhower Middle School and member of the New Berlin Middle School Wrestling team was named the 2014 WWF Kids State Folkstyle State Wrestling Champion of the 1999-2000 175lb division.
The WWF Kids State Folkstyle State Championships were held Friday & Saturday March 28 & 29, 2014 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI. Over 1,500 boys and girls from the state of Wisconsin participated at this huge event.
State championship participants must qualify for the state event by placing in the top two in their respective age and weight division at any of the eight qualifying tournaments that were held on Saturday, March 15, 2014.
This was Jake's 7th consecutive year participating at the Kids State Championships. In 2010 he was named the 2010 State Wrestling Champion of the 98-99 130lb division.
Jake has had a very successful 2014 middle school wrestling season. This past February Jake traveled to Monticello, MN to participate at the 2014 Gopher State Nationals. He was named the 2014 Gopher State National Champion 1999-2000 175lb division. The weekend of February 21 & 22 he traveled to St. Joseph, MO and participated at the 2014 Liberty Nationals. Jake was named the 1999-2000 175lb Liberty Nationals Champion.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Z: Unique family meal option from Marcus Theatres
- Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Shopping Market is October 3-5 at Hawthorne Hill Farm
- Fall Harvest Art & Craft Fair-Sat. October 17, 2015
- Brookfield Chamber’s young professionals group, Summit, meets September 29th for “Networking 101”
- New Berlin Girl Wants to Increase Awareness of Poverty and Malnutrition in Guatemala
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?
- Waukesha Monkey Joe's Hosts Food Drive in October
- Heritage Haunted House
- WineDown and Shop at St. Mary's Oct. 20
- Tech Trends workshops continue on October 8, 2015 due to exceptional success