The Wisconsin Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an agency of the Department of Defense, announced today that Daniel Burke and Carl Chelius of Crossroads Pizza II were honored with a Patriot Award in recognition of extraordinary support of one of their employees, Private Luke Austad who serves in the Wisconsin Army National Guard.
The presentation took place at the restaurant’s location on Beloit Rd in New Berlin this past Saturday. Shown in the photo are Mr. Burke and Chelius with Private Austad after receiving the awards.
According to Mike Williams, Wisconsin’s ESGR Chair, “The Patriot Award was created by ESGR to publicly recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation’s call to serve. Mr. Burke and Mr. Chelius were nominated for being highly supportive of the Army National Guard by their reserve component employee. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation’s National Guard and Reserve units.”
As the 1.3 million members of the National Guard and Reserve continue to perform an increasing number of unique missions with America’s borders and beyond, ESGR will continue to be the resource for the employers of citizen warriors. ESGR provides education, consultation, and if necessary mediation for employers of Guard and Reserve employees. For more information about ESGR Employer Outreach Programs and volunteer opportunities please refer to our website at www.esgr.mil, or by calling Tim Flatley at 414-477-9842.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- What to Expect Before You're Expecting
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability