Sporting yellow “Rotarian At Work” safety vests, four members of the Rotary Club of New Berlin spent two hours on Saturday sorting through a mountain of food items at the New Berlin Food Pantry.
They, along with about a dozen other volunteers, processed food items that had been collected by residents of the Weatherstone subdivision during their annual food drive. Now in its 29th year, the food drive resulted in an estimated 5,400 lbs. of food being donated to the food pantry, according to Assistant Director Barb Jacob.
Rotarians participating included Stephanie Friemoth, Shawn Schnabl, Scott Klaas and Tom Fuszard.
The Rotary Club of New Berlin is comprised of civic-minded citizens and business people committed to making New Berlin an even better community. Charted in 1970, the club has supported numerous organizations and individuals over the years. To learn more, visit our website. Feel free to join us for lunch sometime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Welding Trainees Meet Employer
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- New Berlin Woman Wins NW WI Travel Contest
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- WOW Workforce Development Board Receives State Performance Award
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- "Biggest Loser" contestant Lisa Rambo in Franklin on April 26th & 27th
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair