MATCHING JOBS WITH WORKERS, STUDENTS
In an effort to connect local workers with jobs — and teach students how to best prepare for employment post-graduation — the 2nd Annual New Berlin Career and Job Fair will be held during school and in the evening on Wednesday Feb. 20.
The event is hosted by the School District of New Berlin and Moving New Berlin Forward, a civic alliance of the school district, city, chamber of commerce and area businesses and non-profit organizations.
Employers such as Brookfield Suites Hotel, Sendik's Food Markets, Manpower, Willis of Wisconsin, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare and more will be hiring for jobs and apprenticeships in sales, hospitality, administrative, carpentry, cabinet making, cleaning, HVAC installation, medical assistants and more. Branches of the military also will be hiring.
What: New Berlin Community and Student Career and Job Fair
When: Wednesday, Feb. 20
9 to 10:30 a.m.: Student Job Fair
11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Student Career Fair
5:30 to 8 p.m: Community Job Fair
Where: New Berlin West High School Field House, 18695 W. Cleveland Ave., New Berlin, WI 53146
For more information, please visit www.nbexcellence.org/community/careerjobfair.cfm.
Questions may be directed to Melinda Mueller, Director of Communications for the School District of New Berlin at Melinda.Mueller@nbexcellence.org or (262) 789-6225.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- New Berlin Youth Wrestling sets dates for upcoming season
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Autumn Harvest Bowl Disc Golf Event for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Shopping Market is October 3-5 at Hawthorne Hill Farm
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- "Diary of Anne Frank" at Lake Country Playhouse in October
- BSI is Best In Show at STRUT
- ABC News Anchor Dan Harris Featured as Keynote Speaker for 2014 Alverno Community Conference