MATCHING JOBS WITH WORKERS, STUDENTS
In an effort to connect local workers with jobs — and teach students how to best prepare for employment post-graduation — the 2nd Annual New Berlin Career and Job Fair will be held during school and in the evening on Wednesday Feb. 20.
The event is hosted by the School District of New Berlin and Moving New Berlin Forward, a civic alliance of the school district, city, chamber of commerce and area businesses and non-profit organizations.
Employers such as Brookfield Suites Hotel, Sendik's Food Markets, Manpower, Willis of Wisconsin, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare and more will be hiring for jobs and apprenticeships in sales, hospitality, administrative, carpentry, cabinet making, cleaning, HVAC installation, medical assistants and more. Branches of the military also will be hiring.
What: New Berlin Community and Student Career and Job Fair
When: Wednesday, Feb. 20
9 to 10:30 a.m.: Student Job Fair
11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Student Career Fair
5:30 to 8 p.m: Community Job Fair
Where: New Berlin West High School Field House, 18695 W. Cleveland Ave., New Berlin, WI 53146
For more information, please visit www.nbexcellence.org/community/careerjobfair.cfm.
Questions may be directed to Melinda Mueller, Director of Communications for the School District of New Berlin at Melinda.Mueller@nbexcellence.org or (262) 789-6225.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Faith Community Church offering ALPHA Course Starting April 22
- Better Public Speaking Open House
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on April 22, 2015
- WCTC to offer LEGO robotics camp for kids 9-14
- Community Volunteers Race to Action for Muskego Senior Taxi