Dan Gebhardt, a New Berlin resident, is being recognized for his efforts as a key contributor to Northwestern Mutual’s 2012 United Way of Greater Milwaukee’s employee campaign.
Gebhardt has supported United Way for years, evolving from volunteer participant to raffle and auction coordinator. As part of his key role, Gebhardt helped lead the campaign to success by rallying fellow Northwestern Mutual co-workers in the information systems department.
More than $4 million was raised this year from employee, retiree and Northwestern Mutual Foundation contributions – a new record. As a result of community-wide giving, United Way will help more than 400,000 people by strategically funding more than 160 programs in education, income and health.
“Because of Dan’s leadership, United Way will be able to strengthen the communities where our employees live and work,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts – including United Way – through group activities, mentoring, charity drives and service on nonprofit boards.
“How wonderful is it to ask your fellow employees to give to a critical cause – and then have them step up and give back in such a big way?” said Gerbhardt. “It’s exciting to know that United Way partners will have an extra $4 million this year to help people-in-need across the Milwaukee area.”
Northwestern Mutual is a leading corporate donor to United Way of Greater Milwaukee, having contributed more than $31 million over the last 10 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Carefree Moment - A charity event to support Cancer patients
- Grand Opening of this New & Unique Shop Destination Shop to Carrie On
- Local Artists invited to participate in WRAP Exhibit and Workshop
- Children's Resale at Franklin Library
- Free Sound Reinforcement & Live Sound Classes
- SeniorCare Resource Group of WI March Seminar
- Historian John Gurda To Speak at Elm Grove Playhouse
- Stroke Clinic and Tryouts
- Fire Chief Lloyd Bertram to speak at Rotary Club meeting
- NEW BERLIN EISENHOWER CHEER ANNOUNCES TRYOUTS FOR THE 2014-2015 CHEER SEASON