Dan Gebhardt, a New Berlin resident, is being recognized for his efforts as a key contributor to Northwestern Mutual’s 2012 United Way of Greater Milwaukee’s employee campaign.
Gebhardt has supported United Way for years, evolving from volunteer participant to raffle and auction coordinator. As part of his key role, Gebhardt helped lead the campaign to success by rallying fellow Northwestern Mutual co-workers in the information systems department.
More than $4 million was raised this year from employee, retiree and Northwestern Mutual Foundation contributions – a new record. As a result of community-wide giving, United Way will help more than 400,000 people by strategically funding more than 160 programs in education, income and health.
“Because of Dan’s leadership, United Way will be able to strengthen the communities where our employees live and work,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts – including United Way – through group activities, mentoring, charity drives and service on nonprofit boards.
“How wonderful is it to ask your fellow employees to give to a critical cause – and then have them step up and give back in such a big way?” said Gerbhardt. “It’s exciting to know that United Way partners will have an extra $4 million this year to help people-in-need across the Milwaukee area.”
Northwestern Mutual is a leading corporate donor to United Way of Greater Milwaukee, having contributed more than $31 million over the last 10 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player Alumni Resources Announces Second Annual Green Bay Packers Alumni Charity Fishing Tournament & VIP Event to Benefit Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- SOUTH MILWAUKEE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER PRESENTS AN EVENING OF COMEDY: FEATURING SMHS ALUMNI, JACKIE KASHIAN SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 7:30 PM
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- New Berlin Eisenhower Varsity Dance Places at STATE!!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- New Berlin among more affordable cities for renters insurance.