Young New Berlin resident and student at Eisenhower High School, Zach Olson takes on the role of Derek in First Stage’s production of BIG, THE MUSICAL at the Todd Wehr Theater, 929 N. Water Street, Milwaukee through November 11, 2012.
When he’s not acting, 16 year old Zach enjoys playing soccer, tennis and just hanging out with friends.
We recently caught up with Zach, here’s what he had to say.
How did you get involved with First Stage? I first started at First Stage Theater Academy summer stage four years ago, which strengthened my skills - so I thought I would audition. And once I did my first show, I was hooked on First Stage! I have been Anthony in ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY, Pico in U:BUG:ME and this year Derek/Jr. Exec in BIG, THE MUSICAL.
What has been your favorite role to date? Pico from U:BUG:ME because the songs were fantastic and I got to interact in a lot of scenes with other great actors.
What do you like most about this play? I like the energy, and of course the people around me.
What have you learned by being a part of this particular production? This show certainly helped the dancing. The choreography was very complex, but I loved it.
In the play, Josh wishes to be “big” then lands a dream job at a toy company. What’s your dream job and why? I'd love a job where I could travel all over the world, meet new people, and learn about different cultures.
Any thing else you’d like our audiences to know about you? Theater has changed my life! I've been given so many wonderful opportunities to be a part of great casts with great people, and I'm very thankful for that.
See Zach perform in First Stage’s BIG, THE MUSICAL now through November 11.
More about BIG, THE MUSICAL
When frustrated 12-year-old Josh Baskin makes a wish to become “big” and wakes up the next morning to find his wish has literally come true, he discovers there’s much more to being an adult than he’s bargained for – and learned we must all grow up at our own pace, in our own time. Come see this new version of the Tony® award-nominated musical comedy, created just for our family audiences. For everyone ages 7 and up.
Visit www.firststage.org for tickets and information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IKE Football Celebrating 20th Anniversary of 1995 State Championship
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Thomas Chappelle, New Berlin Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Muskego's Superhero Golf Open and Community Dinner
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- TOPS WI 66, New Berlin has moved
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Backpack Coalition Distributes 2,100 Backpacks