Climatologist Sue Loomans will give a presentation on climate change on Thursday November 8th 7pm at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison St. Waukesha WI.
Sue is a former Air Force meteorologist who is committed to finding solutions to the climate crisis. She delivers presentations on global warming to a variety of audiences, highlighting the global challenges of this alarming phenomena, and strategies we can implement to meet them: melting ice, droughts across the Midwest, record-breaking floods, tornadoes in January.
This audience-interactive presentation will begin with a discussion of the latest science behind global warming, and how our earth systems are responding to atmospheric changes. We'll investigate important related issues such as: weather disasters, changing habitats and growing conditions, and national security.
Then we'll turn to solutions.. We'll look for everyday personal decisions that can make a difference and ways that each one of us can lead by example through our communities, business and governments.
The event is free. Snacks and beverages will be served beginning at 6:30.
The presentation is hosted by The Waukesha County Environmental Action League. (WEAL)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Just in time for Halloween, a bewitching pair by Irish dance author
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Honoring Grief - Finding Our Way Through the Holidays
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- WCA “I Choose Compassion” Campaign Launches For National Bullying Prevention Month
- Fall Family Fun Fest at Trinity UCC
- Conference Presents Debate on Legalization of Marijuana