Climatologist Sue Loomans will give a presentation on climate change on Thursday November 8th 7pm at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison St. Waukesha WI.
Sue is a former Air Force meteorologist who is committed to finding solutions to the climate crisis. She delivers presentations on global warming to a variety of audiences, highlighting the global challenges of this alarming phenomena, and strategies we can implement to meet them: melting ice, droughts across the Midwest, record-breaking floods, tornadoes in January.
This audience-interactive presentation will begin with a discussion of the latest science behind global warming, and how our earth systems are responding to atmospheric changes. We'll investigate important related issues such as: weather disasters, changing habitats and growing conditions, and national security.
Then we'll turn to solutions.. We'll look for everyday personal decisions that can make a difference and ways that each one of us can lead by example through our communities, business and governments.
The event is free. Snacks and beverages will be served beginning at 6:30.
The presentation is hosted by The Waukesha County Environmental Action League. (WEAL)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- What to Expect Before You're Expecting
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability