Climatologist Sue Loomans will give a presentation on climate change on Thursday November 8th 7pm at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison St. Waukesha WI.
Sue is a former Air Force meteorologist who is committed to finding solutions to the climate crisis. She delivers presentations on global warming to a variety of audiences, highlighting the global challenges of this alarming phenomena, and strategies we can implement to meet them: melting ice, droughts across the Midwest, record-breaking floods, tornadoes in January.
This audience-interactive presentation will begin with a discussion of the latest science behind global warming, and how our earth systems are responding to atmospheric changes. We'll investigate important related issues such as: weather disasters, changing habitats and growing conditions, and national security.
Then we'll turn to solutions.. We'll look for everyday personal decisions that can make a difference and ways that each one of us can lead by example through our communities, business and governments.
The event is free. Snacks and beverages will be served beginning at 6:30.
The presentation is hosted by The Waukesha County Environmental Action League. (WEAL)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Preschool & Kindergarten Open House Hosted by Heritage
- Player Alumni Resources Announces Second Annual Green Bay Packers Alumni Charity Fishing Tournament & VIP Event to Benefit Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- SOUTH MILWAUKEE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER PRESENTS AN EVENING OF COMEDY: FEATURING SMHS ALUMNI, JACKIE KASHIAN SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 7:30 PM
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- New Berlin Eisenhower Varsity Dance Places at STATE!!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation