Wisconsin Author Lisa Lickel Featured at Women's Tea Saturday, Oct. 13, at New Berlin Library
The West Suburban-Milwaukee Branch of American Association of University Women (AAUW) will sponsor "Tea With a Wisconsin Author" on Saturday, Oct. 13.
The event will be held in the community room of the New Berlin Library, 15101 Library Lane, beginning at 11 a.m. The lunch will be served at tables of 8 by volunteer hostesses; it will be catered by the Gingerbread house, New Berlin.
Wisconsin author Lisa Lickel will talk about her life as a writer, sharing historical highlights of her latest novel, "The Map Quilt," which is set in Wisconsin. Ms. Lickel has published five books and dozens of articles. She is editor of a literary magazine, "Creative Wisconsin."
Profits from this event will be used to benefit the Local Scholarship fund.
More information about the speaker and the event is available from Marjorie, 414-425-4066.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local student receives research scholarship from Carroll University
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk with a Wheaton Doc"
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- It's time for Sommernachtsfest!