Hair and Body Solutions Salon and Spa adn Aurora Team up for "Pink Possible" Fundraiser!
Dawn Panfil, owner of Hair and Body Solutions salon and spa has once again partnered with Aurora Health Care for the fifth year, to sell pink hair extensions during October, breast cancer awareness month.
Hair and Body Solutions will sell and install the extensions September 17th through October 31st to raise money for breast cancer awareness. The “pink possible” hair extensions are $15.00 per extension and ALL proceeds will be donated to the Aurora Breast Health Fund.
Three types of extensions are available this year. Participants can choose the traditional pink or fuchsia color human hair extension that can be clipped in or attached more permanently. New this year, the trendy pink feather hair extension is available in limited quantities.
Dawn Panfil said, “We encourage everyone to "Extend Awareness", and show their true colors. Pink hair opens dialogue to remind women to get mammograms and helps us show our support and honor women warriors. We know for a fact that Mammograms SAVE LIVES! So let's "pink possible" and remind those we love to see their doctor and get their mammograms”
“Pink Possible” hair extensions will be available through the month of October, with all proceeds benefitting Aurora Breast Health funds supporting education, prevention and survivorship right here in our community.
Dawn added, “This fundraiser was a huge hit the past 4 years, raising over $200,000 for Women with Breast Cancer who are unfortunately uninsured or under-insured for BC Treatments from time of diagnosis and beyond with living well programs. Dawn has engaged 10 salons in SE Wisconsin from Oshkosh to Kenosha doing pink hair participating in 2012, including Waukesha County Tech College and Alverno College, local corporations hosting in-house events and more. Best of all, the proceeds stay in these communities to help women on their breast cancer journeys. Once again, Panera Bread & Café is donating ten cents to the Aurora Breast Health Fund for each pink ribbon Bagel sold during the month of October.
Hair and Body Solutions is a full service salon and day spa with services for men and women. They are located at 15440 West Beloit Road New Berlin in the Moorland Commons in New Berlin. Owned and operated by Dawn Panfil, a breast cancer survivor, wants to inspire and serve others as she moves forward in her life with an even greater sense of purpose as a Breast Cancer Crusader. On Facebook at: “ Hair and Body Solutions.”
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- SDNB Info Tech and Computer Science Students Leverage Field Experiences to Shape Future Plans
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- Local Grad promoted to Corporal
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE