One-Day Compost Bin Sale
Saturday, October 6 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at Retzer Nature Center
Waukesha (WI) – September 24, 2012 – To encourage more residents to try backyard composting, Waukesha County recycling staff will hold a special one-day sale of compost bins on Saturday, October 6 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison Street, Waukesha. The Home Composter bin will sell for $45.00 on this day only. Any additional bins left over from the sale will be available through Retzer’s gift shop for $55.00. For more information on this special sale visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/recycling or call 262-896-8300.
Composting helps nature recycle valuable nutrients back into the soil, reduces the need for chemical fertilizers and increases soil structure and productivity. Compost also saves water by helping the soil hold moisture and reduce water runoff. According to Wisconsin waste management specialists, almost 25 percent of household trash is organic material that could be composted instead of going to the landfill. Organic materials that have traditionally been considered waste – grass clippings, leaves, vegetable scraps, and coffee grounds, for example – can sidestep the trash can and become a valuable soil amendment. Home composting is not complicated. For tips and helpful links visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/composting.
- HAWS May Adoption Special
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Building Futures Provides Pathways to Success
- Muskego Health & Wellness Center announces the addition of ChiroThin™ to their office
- Callen Celebrates National Home Improvement Month
- Bone Marrow Donor Drive During New Berlin Safety Saturday
- Campus News
- Milwaukee's Newest All Star Cheer Gym in New Berlin
- Milwaukee's Newest Cheer Gym in New Berlin
- Free Adult Tennis Clinic