One-Day Compost Bin Sale
Saturday, October 6 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at Retzer Nature Center
Waukesha (WI) – September 24, 2012 – To encourage more residents to try backyard composting, Waukesha County recycling staff will hold a special one-day sale of compost bins on Saturday, October 6 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison Street, Waukesha. The Home Composter bin will sell for $45.00 on this day only. Any additional bins left over from the sale will be available through Retzer’s gift shop for $55.00. For more information on this special sale visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/recycling or call 262-896-8300.
Composting helps nature recycle valuable nutrients back into the soil, reduces the need for chemical fertilizers and increases soil structure and productivity. Compost also saves water by helping the soil hold moisture and reduce water runoff. According to Wisconsin waste management specialists, almost 25 percent of household trash is organic material that could be composted instead of going to the landfill. Organic materials that have traditionally been considered waste – grass clippings, leaves, vegetable scraps, and coffee grounds, for example – can sidestep the trash can and become a valuable soil amendment. Home composting is not complicated. For tips and helpful links visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/composting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Acres of Hope and Aspirations to Host HEROFEST at VFW-New Berlin
- Pre Three Class
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Adds Jeni Manago to Team
- Art & Craft Vendors Wanted!
- Chantae Miller will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- Fox River Invitational
- THE 3rd ANNUAL REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL is back!
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th