One-Day Compost Bin Sale
Saturday, October 6 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at Retzer Nature Center
Waukesha (WI) – September 24, 2012 – To encourage more residents to try backyard composting, Waukesha County recycling staff will hold a special one-day sale of compost bins on Saturday, October 6 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison Street, Waukesha. The Home Composter bin will sell for $45.00 on this day only. Any additional bins left over from the sale will be available through Retzer’s gift shop for $55.00. For more information on this special sale visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/recycling or call 262-896-8300.
Composting helps nature recycle valuable nutrients back into the soil, reduces the need for chemical fertilizers and increases soil structure and productivity. Compost also saves water by helping the soil hold moisture and reduce water runoff. According to Wisconsin waste management specialists, almost 25 percent of household trash is organic material that could be composted instead of going to the landfill. Organic materials that have traditionally been considered waste – grass clippings, leaves, vegetable scraps, and coffee grounds, for example – can sidestep the trash can and become a valuable soil amendment. Home composting is not complicated. For tips and helpful links visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/composting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEW BERLIN EISENHOWER CHEER ANNOUNCES TRYOUTS FOR THE 2014-2015 CHEER SEASON
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- GRAMMY® Award-Winning Trumpeter Randy Brecker to Give Free Jazz Clinic with Area High School Students at Cascio, March 24
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- New Berlin Library Book Drive
- Dental Associates Teaches Students Dental Health
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin Named to National Top Hospitals List
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- "The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie for Ukulele" with Lil' Rev, March 15 at Cascio