When we think of the earth, we think of both land and water. Come see how keeping valuable materials out of the landfill, conserving and treating our drinking water, and educating our students about the ecosystems around them connect us all to a healthier community.
The Waukesha County Recycling Office is coordinating a “Community Open House” at four locations in celebration of Earth Day on Saturday, April 21 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Each site, within a two-mile radius, is open to families of all ages. Check schedules below.
• Waukesha County Materials Recycling Facility (MRF), 220 S. Prairie Avenue – See how recyclables are sorted and baled for shipment, see items made from recycled materials, meet Recycle Raccoon and much more. Complete tour and visit to education room takes 30-40 minutes. Last tour starts at 12:30 pm.
• Waukesha Water Utility Pumping Station, Sunset Dr-Fox Run Shopping Center –Find out where Waukesha’s water comes from! Last tour starts at 12:30 pm.
• E. B. Shurts Environmental Learning Center, 810 W. College Ave. Waukesha - Tour the cave, critter & habitat display rooms!
• Waukesha Wastewater Treatment Plant, 600 Sentry Dr. Waukesha – Watch Waukesha’s water go from “flush” to clean! Two (2) tours only at 10:00 am and 11:30 am – first come, first served. Limit 20 each.
In addition to tours, there will be drawings for door prizes: A compost bin and a rain barrel for adults – 4 Laptop Lunch Bento sets (lunchboxes) for kids. For more information, visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/recycling
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Alicia, My Story
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- New Berlin Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's "Great Expectations"
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: What Exactly Are the B Complex Vitamins?
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!