When we think of the earth, we think of both land and water. Come see how keeping valuable materials out of the landfill, conserving and treating our drinking water, and educating our students about the ecosystems around them connect us all to a healthier community.
The Waukesha County Recycling Office is coordinating a “Community Open House” at four locations in celebration of Earth Day on Saturday, April 21 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Each site, within a two-mile radius, is open to families of all ages. Check schedules below.
• Waukesha County Materials Recycling Facility (MRF), 220 S. Prairie Avenue – See how recyclables are sorted and baled for shipment, see items made from recycled materials, meet Recycle Raccoon and much more. Complete tour and visit to education room takes 30-40 minutes. Last tour starts at 12:30 pm.
• Waukesha Water Utility Pumping Station, Sunset Dr-Fox Run Shopping Center –Find out where Waukesha’s water comes from! Last tour starts at 12:30 pm.
• E. B. Shurts Environmental Learning Center, 810 W. College Ave. Waukesha - Tour the cave, critter & habitat display rooms!
• Waukesha Wastewater Treatment Plant, 600 Sentry Dr. Waukesha – Watch Waukesha’s water go from “flush” to clean! Two (2) tours only at 10:00 am and 11:30 am – first come, first served. Limit 20 each.
In addition to tours, there will be drawings for door prizes: A compost bin and a rain barrel for adults – 4 Laptop Lunch Bento sets (lunchboxes) for kids. For more information, visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/recycling
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Residents Star in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and Autism Speaks Host Autism Resource Fair
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Carroll's Bryan Nagy named All-Midwest Conference
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Peak Performance Volleyball Camp for 3rd - 8th Grade Girls
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!