This summer, Froedtert Health will begin construction of a 135,000-square-foot multi-specialty medical office building at the intersection of Moorland Road and West Beloit Road in New Berlin. The site is part of a 48-acre parcel where Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin opened a new pediatric outpatient clinic in 2009.
The building is slated to open in late 2013.
“Demand for outpatient services at our Wauwatosa campus has risen steadily, with clinic visits up nearly 40 percent over the past five years and approaching 900,000 in 2011,” said William Petasnick, chief executive officer of Froedtert Health. “With our campus location nearly at capacity, we want to give patients another option to receive care from us. This site is ideal because it’s easily accessible and complements our nearby Greenfield Highlands Health Center. In addition, the new facility will be part of an integrated network of Froedtert Health clinics serving southeastern Wisconsin.”
To be named Moorland Reserve Health Center, the building will house primary care, obstetrics-gynecology and urgent care clinics as well as a variety of specialty clinics and services, and will be staffed in collaboration with the Medical College of Wisconsin. Planned service offerings include cardiology, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, endocrinology, gastroenterology and related diagnostics, infusion, nephrology, neurology, orthopedic surgery, plastic surgery and urology. Medical oncology services will be provided through Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Network, offering a convenient option for patients to receive chemotherapy and other infused treatments.
Froedtert Health is a regional health care organization made up of Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee; Community Memorial Hospital, Menomonee Falls; St. Joseph’s Hospital, West Bend; and Froedtert Health Clinics, Waukesha and Washington counties. Joining the capabilities of an academic medical center affiliated with The Medical College of Wisconsin, two community hospitals and 32 community-based primary and specialty clinics, Froedtert Health delivers highly coordinated, cost-effective health care to residents of southeastern Wisconsin and beyond. In fiscal 2011, combined adult patient admissions for the three hospitals exceeded 41,000. For more information, visit froedterthealth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two New Berlin teams played for the U11/12 First Division U12 Championship in the Kohls soccer turnament at Uihlein Soccer Park
- New Berlin Author One of Three Wisconsin Writers
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Just in time for Halloween, a bewitching pair by Irish dance author
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members