The Milwaukee Concert Band presents American Variations on Sunday, March 4, at 1:00pm, at the Mitchell Park Domes (524 South Layton Boulevard, Milwaukee).
Enjoy a variety of music, including The Erie Canal arranged by Maurice C. Whitney; Aaron Copland’s Hoe Down from Rodeo; Smoky Mountain Suite by Theron Kirk; John Klor’s The Soaring Eagle March; Toy Tiger by Henry Mancini and Herman Stein; Jerry H. Bilik’s American Variations; and Train Ride from Winter Holiday by Sergei Prokofieff.
The concert is free with paid admission to the Domes. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at email@example.com.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rotarians to volunteer at food pantry on Saturday
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- IKE CHEERLEADERS HOLIDAY YOUTH CHEER CLINIC
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Local author to discuss amazing story of reuniting with kidnapped children during Rotary meeting
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Holy Apostles Fish Fry