The Milwaukee Concert Band presents American Variations on Sunday, March 4, at 1:00pm, at the Mitchell Park Domes (524 South Layton Boulevard, Milwaukee).
Enjoy a variety of music, including The Erie Canal arranged by Maurice C. Whitney; Aaron Copland’s Hoe Down from Rodeo; Smoky Mountain Suite by Theron Kirk; John Klor’s The Soaring Eagle March; Toy Tiger by Henry Mancini and Herman Stein; Jerry H. Bilik’s American Variations; and Train Ride from Winter Holiday by Sergei Prokofieff.
The concert is free with paid admission to the Domes. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at email@example.com.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- New Berlin Student to Perform with Kids From Wisconsin
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Cruisin' For The Canines - Classic Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Show
- Canine Fun Fest
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Letter to the Editor Re: Waukesha County Sheriff's Race
- Free Training Sessions For Businesses to Enhance the Workplace
- New Berlin Magic 2015 Baseball Tryouts July 25-26
- New Berlin Redi-Mix welcomes state Rep. Kuglitsch