Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of January 17, 2012
Programs and Events
January 12 – Directors' meeting at Alioto's
January 17 – Jean Davidson will be back to tell us about Yell 'n Tell.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Apparently we didn't have a happy group today. The only happy dollars were from Dave Eppelsheimer, who observed the twentieth anniversary of starting his business; from Gary Knisbeck, who paid for the privilege of telling a shaggy dog story; and from Eli Potkonjak, who really was happy about year-end business successes.
Our program was presented by Kelly Ahern of Junior Achievement, who told us how JA teaches K through 12 students about business and entrepreneurship with real world activities relating to production, sales, and running a business.
Sad news: Our sympathies to Betty and family upon Rick Mosher' death. A memorial service is planned for 11:30, January 20, at Schmidt & Bartelt.
Interclub: Plan on meeting with the Brookfield club next week, January 17, instead of January 24, as announced last week. The meeting starts at 6:30, with a discussion group at 5:30.
Pancakes: Tickets presented themselves this week. The breakfast is March 4 at WWHS. Eli gets ticket money.
Lion Club events: Bob Gross reminded us that we can reciprocate with the Lions, who often support our fund raising events, by attending the Lions Club Night at the Races on Saturday, January 28. TIckets are $13 each.
Program responsibilities: January 24 – TBD. January 31 – Relay for Life. February 14 – Paul Drellos. February 21 – Bob Reinhardt (Jill Didier, new Milwaukee County Economic Development Coordinator). February 28 – Ken Snyder.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- GRAMMY® Award-Winning Trumpeter Randy Brecker to Give Free Jazz Clinic with Area High School Students at Cascio, March 24
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- New Berlin Library Book Drive
- Dental Associates Teaches Students Dental Health
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin Named to National Top Hospitals List
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- "The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie for Ukulele" with Lil' Rev, March 15 at Cascio
- Divorce Options & Collaborative Law