Reagan Imhoff is a first grader at Ronald Reagan Elementary School in New Berlin. Just like any other first grader, she’s practicing her penmanship, learning math, and playing with friends. But Reagan is not just any first grader- this 6 year old is somewhat of a local celebrity- at least within the walls of Eisenhower High School. The reason- Eisenhower DECA has partnered with Reagan to put on a 5K run/walk to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Reagan has Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and was recently featured on Fox 6 before she appeared on the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon as the Wisconsin Goodwill Ambassador for MDA. And her story sparked the interest of senior Kevin Plazak, who is the local DECA vice president of community service. “Reagan inspires people all around her,” Kevin said when the DECA chapter officers sat down this summer to form their strategic plan, which includes several services activities each year.
The 5K Run/Walk on November 12th pays tribute to Reagan’s strength with it’s name, “Race for Reagan”. All of the proceeds from the walk will go to MDA. The walk will start and end on the Eisenhower High School track and the course will wind around the campus. Children ages 6-12 can do their own race, a ¼ mile run around the track for prizes, donated by local area businesses, such as Stonefire Pizza. Participants can also order a race t-shirt, co-sponsored by Mid City Sports (Hartland). Other donors include Buffalo Wild Wings, George Webbs, and Batzner Pest Management, who have helped provide items for the event.
Any community member can register for the race from now up until race day. Pre-registration and presale of the shirts ends on October 30th. Registrants can pay with a check or credit card and can contact DECAraceforreagan@gmail.com for more information or for a registration form.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues sponsorship of “Social Media Tools for Business” workshop for regional businesses
- LearningRx Hosts May 30 Open House
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues to add new members
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening
- Movin’ & Lubin’ to Unveil Winning Company Slogan, Celebrate Opening May 28
- Moorland Park Tennis Center adds 8 Pickleball Courts
- New Berlin Resident Promoted by Alverno College
- New Berlin West Boys Basketball Golf Outing
- Restring Your Guitar at Cascio Interstate
- Group Guitar Lessons, Every Monday night in June!