Community-based Zumba® fitness classes will begin in September at First Church of the Nazarene, 13535 W. Beloit Road, led by licensed Zumba instructor Karen Mikolainis.
The community is invited to sample a free class the week of September 12. Two class options are available, Zumba, a moderate-to-high intensity workout that burns hundreds of calories, and Zumba Gold, a low-to-moderate intensity workout geared to new exercisers and seniors. Both classes use easy-to-follow dance steps and energetic latin, international and popular music. "Zumba is the workout that feels like a party," said Mikolainis. "It's a lot of fun and people find it easy to keep coming back for more. Zumba classes relieve stress, help people become more active, and make exercise a fun and fulfilling experience."
Free Zumba sample classes will be offered Monday September 12 at 7:00 p.m., and Saturday, September 17 at 9:15 a.m. Free Zumba Gold classes will be offered Monday, September 12 at 6:00 p.m. and Friday, September 16 at 10:15 a.m.
Participants should wear comfortable, cool clothing, supportive athletic shoes and bring water and a towel.
A twelve-week session of classes will run September 19 - December 12.
Contact instructor Karen Mikolainis, 414-525-0813 with questions, or visit www.ilovezumba.net for more information.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- SDNB Info Tech and Computer Science Students Leverage Field Experiences to Shape Future Plans
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- Local Grad promoted to Corporal
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE