Community-based Zumba® fitness classes will begin in September at First Church of the Nazarene, 13535 W. Beloit Road, led by licensed Zumba instructor Karen Mikolainis.
The community is invited to sample a free class the week of September 12. Two class options are available, Zumba, a moderate-to-high intensity workout that burns hundreds of calories, and Zumba Gold, a low-to-moderate intensity workout geared to new exercisers and seniors. Both classes use easy-to-follow dance steps and energetic latin, international and popular music. "Zumba is the workout that feels like a party," said Mikolainis. "It's a lot of fun and people find it easy to keep coming back for more. Zumba classes relieve stress, help people become more active, and make exercise a fun and fulfilling experience."
Free Zumba sample classes will be offered Monday September 12 at 7:00 p.m., and Saturday, September 17 at 9:15 a.m. Free Zumba Gold classes will be offered Monday, September 12 at 6:00 p.m. and Friday, September 16 at 10:15 a.m.
Participants should wear comfortable, cool clothing, supportive athletic shoes and bring water and a towel.
A twelve-week session of classes will run September 19 - December 12.
Contact instructor Karen Mikolainis, 414-525-0813 with questions, or visit www.ilovezumba.net for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Waukesha WRAP Artist Exhibit Winners heading to State contest
- Adam Busch named to Lawrence University dean's list
- More WAWM Students Opt for AP Exams
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream at Greendale Gift of Wings!
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer