Rain gardens are sunken gardens designed to hold runoff and soak it into the ground. Native plants are the workhorses in these gardens with long roots that help infiltrate the water into the soil. This restores a more natural hydrology to your landscape. You may purchase native plants through the Graham-Martin Foundation program for $1.80 per 2 inch pot. Orders due by May 1st. For an order form and full plant descriptions and information look for the rain garden tab at www.waukeshacounty.gov/cleanwater
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- VFW Fundraiser Concert September 13th.
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- 60th Wedding Anniversary
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- Library's Parking Lot Nears Completion While Used Book Sale Date Loom