Rain gardens are sunken gardens designed to hold runoff and soak it into the ground. Native plants are the workhorses in these gardens with long roots that help infiltrate the water into the soil. This restores a more natural hydrology to your landscape. You may purchase native plants through the Graham-Martin Foundation program for $1.80 per 2 inch pot. Orders due by May 1st. For an order form and full plant descriptions and information look for the rain garden tab at www.waukeshacounty.gov/cleanwater
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Chiropractors Disucss: The Role of Antioxidants in Good Health
- Asset Allocation: A Step to Balancing Your Portfolio
- Christmas at the Horse
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Aqua Sprites Cure the Winter Blues
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- "Shop Small"on Small Business Saturday
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- OCONOMOWOC STUDENT NAMED RISING STAR