Rain gardens are sunken gardens designed to hold runoff and soak it into the ground. Native plants are the workhorses in these gardens with long roots that help infiltrate the water into the soil. This restores a more natural hydrology to your landscape. You may purchase native plants through the Graham-Martin Foundation program for $1.80 per 2 inch pot. Orders due by May 1st. For an order form and full plant descriptions and information look for the rain garden tab at www.waukeshacounty.gov/cleanwater
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two New Berlin teams played for the U11/12 First Division U12 Championship in the Kohls soccer turnament at Uihlein Soccer Park
- New Berlin Author One of Three Wisconsin Writers
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Just in time for Halloween, a bewitching pair by Irish dance author
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members