Rain gardens are sunken gardens designed to hold runoff and soak it into the ground. Native plants are the workhorses in these gardens with long roots that help infiltrate the water into the soil. This restores a more natural hydrology to your landscape. You may purchase native plants through the Graham-Martin Foundation program for $1.80 per 2 inch pot. Orders due by May 1st. For an order form and full plant descriptions and information look for the rain garden tab at www.waukeshacounty.gov/cleanwater
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Acres of Hope and Aspirations to Host HEROFEST at VFW-New Berlin
- Pre Three Class
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Adds Jeni Manago to Team
- Art & Craft Vendors Wanted!
- Chantae Miller will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- Fox River Invitational
- THE 3rd ANNUAL REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL is back!
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th