The New Berlin Vikings girls said farewell to their seniors at their awards banquet on Nov. 15.
They will lose seven seniors - diver Savannah Heitman and swimmers Chloe Banholzer, Gina Bednarek, Lauren Kritter, Sarah Komberec, Lindsey Rodenkirk and Alyssa Tannert.
The Vikings had a lot to celebrate this season including a 5-1 Woodland Conference record, fourth at conference relays setting a conference record in the 500 Crescendo, fifth place at the conference championships, sixth place at sectionals and 13th at state.
Madison Tew was a double champion at conference, sectionals and state in her signature events the 200 and 500 freestyle. In addition, three school records were established - Tew in the 200 free (1:52.42) and 500 free (5:02.95), and Rodenkirk in the 100 backstroke (1:00.48).
The state team of Banholzer, Rodenkirk, Amber Kazinski, Tew and Emily Szydlowski received its qualifier medallions for respective events.
The team recognized Rodenkirk as its Most Valuable Swimmer, Woodland Conference Scholar Athlete and Queen of the Pool.
Tew received Rookie of the Year and Most Dedicated.
Kazinski, a junior, was chosen by her peers as the recipient of the Becky Lutzke Award for team spirit and sportsmanship.
Freshman Abigail Jaquish earned the Most Improved award and Freshman Callie Wessel was crowned Princess of the Pool.
Queen of the Pool and Princess of the Pool awards are determined by combining times from sprint 25's in each stroke and is awarded to the swimmer with the fastest composite 100 individual medley. There were both a varsity and junior varsity recipient.
- Muskego and New Berlin Sports Shorts: May 26
- Eisenhower boys win Woodland tennis title
- SOFTBALL: New Berlin West wins third conference title in six years
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys capture Woodland title
- Baseball: Eisenhower, New Berlin West baseball teams have different expectations
- Grade school basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower seventh-grade boys basketball team wins D2 state title
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- Softball: Eisenhower softball teams bounces back with two big wins
- Softball: New Berlin West wins two Woodland softball games