New Berlin West has hired Courtney Wiegel as the new girls head volleyball coach, said Julie Kader, athletic and activities director.
Wiegel recently had been coaching for West Allis Central as the head JV boys volleyball coach.
Wiegel grew up in the western part of the state playing volleyball and softball for Darlington High School. She attended the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, where she received her bachelor's degree in mathematics education.
While at Platteville, she coached club volleyball for Southern Storm. She will be joining the West math department next year as well.
"We are very fortunate to have coach Wiegel as part of our school community," Kader said. "She will provide the stability and long-term growth of the high school as well as our youth programs."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower boys basketball team lacks experience
- New Berlin United spikers have dream season
- New Berlin West's Foley faces rebuilding job
- New Berlin West honors several swimmers
- New Berlin West's Madison Tew snares 200 freestyle state championship
- New Berlin West's Hewitt earns first-team all-conference honors
- New Berlin West basketball girls have depth, quickness
- Lesniewski named Eisenhower MVP
- Kozlowski, Brackmann back to lead Lions
- Paige Carter, Bella Passamani lead way for Eisenhower in state swim