New Berlin West has hired Courtney Wiegel as the new girls head volleyball coach, said Julie Kader, athletic and activities director.
Wiegel recently had been coaching for West Allis Central as the head JV boys volleyball coach.
Wiegel grew up in the western part of the state playing volleyball and softball for Darlington High School. She attended the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, where she received her bachelor's degree in mathematics education.
While at Platteville, she coached club volleyball for Southern Storm. She will be joining the West math department next year as well.
"We are very fortunate to have coach Wiegel as part of our school community," Kader said. "She will provide the stability and long-term growth of the high school as well as our youth programs."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team takes home wins against Trojans, Northstars
- Eisenhower's Karvala finds curveball, stops Shorewood
- New Berlin West's Henrichs earns top soccer honors
- New Berlin Eisenhower baseball teams wins 3 in a row
- Peil's hit defeats Cudahy in seventh to give New Berlin West the win
- Sport Shorts: June 18, 2015
- Seniors Erickson, Russell lead New Berlin Eisenhower at state golf
- Muskego boys golf team winds up 15th in D1 state tournament
- Plenty of talent to return for New Berlin West softball team
- Zubke, Jedrzejewski earn top soccer honors for New Berlin Eisenhower