Matt Drago has been named the New Berlin West boys soccer coach, Julie Kader, athletic & activities director, announced last week.
"We feel very fortunate to have Matt on board for the upcoming season," Kader said. "He brings not only expertise of the game but also the enthusiasm we have been looking for."
Drago played high school soccer at La Crosse Central, then attended Carroll University in Waukesha where he started for three years, earning All-Conference honors as a defender in his final year, along with being team captain.
Graduating in 2004 with a major in business management and minor in economics, Drago began coaching his junior year at Carroll with both Waukesha North High School and La Crosse Soccer Club.
After two seasons of both, he switched from the girls team to the boys team at Waukesha North and started coaching with SC Waukesha until 2008 when he was hired at Carroll University as the assistant coach for the men's team.
In four seasons with Carroll, the men's team earned a national ranking three separate seasons. After graduating from Carroll in 2012 with a master's degree in adult and continuing education, Drago left the Carroll program to referee in the NCAA, and to coach at SC Waukesha once again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mials McMurray, West Allis Hale pull away from Bulldogs in regional
- Grafton's Lukas throws no-hitter at Nicolet in regional baseball loss
- West pitcher Kopp overpowers Shorewood in regional baseball loss
- Arrowhead pitching too much for Brown Deer in regional baseball loss
- New Berlin West baseball ends season in regional final
- Baseball: Muskego ousts defending champion West in regional baseball contest
- Wisconsin Fastpitch Senior All-Stars Series raises money for charity
- New Berlin West's bats come alive with 38 runs
- sw_Klotz honored_0717.now.com