New Berlin - A 2-0 victory over Rome on Saturday kept the New Berlin Lakers alive in the Land O' Lakes Grand Championship playoffs.
New Berlin improved to 1-1 in the standings and eliminated Rome, which fell to 0-2. The Lakers took on Brookfield on Sunday in a game that occurred after press time.
If the Lakers won, they would next play Saturday against Cedarburg (1-1), which lost a 15-13 thriller to Brookfield on Saturday. The site and time for the Saturday game is to be determined.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four local athletes awarded NOW football honors
- New Berlin West girls win basketball opener
- New Berlin Marlin boys swim team returns plenty of talent
- Poor third quarter leads to New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball opening loss
- Detmer takes over reins as new New Berlin wrestling coach
- Timmer scores 33 for New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball in win
- West girls beat Dominican, 38-36
- New Berlin West girls swimmers earn high honors
- Cultured established for West football
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls face rugged early season schedule