New Berlin - A 2-0 victory over Rome on Saturday kept the New Berlin Lakers alive in the Land O' Lakes Grand Championship playoffs.
New Berlin improved to 1-1 in the standings and eliminated Rome, which fell to 0-2. The Lakers took on Brookfield on Sunday in a game that occurred after press time.
If the Lakers won, they would next play Saturday against Cedarburg (1-1), which lost a 15-13 thriller to Brookfield on Saturday. The site and time for the Saturday game is to be determined.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Wraps; Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Football: Battle of first-year coaches goes to Eisenhower
- Football: Waukesha West dominates New Berlin West
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Simon excited about New Berlin Eisenhower runners
- Carter wins twice for New Berlin Eisenhower, breaks 200-freestyle mark
- Grafton runs over New Berlin West, 34-12
- Wilmot rallies to beat New Berlin Lions, 24-14
- New Berlin Lakers claim berth in Lakes'Grand Championship playoffs
- Eisenhower tennis team needs to rebuild singles lineup