New Berlin - The Land O' Lakes Grand Championship playoffs did not start well for the New Berlin Lakers.
New Berlin fell to Cedarburg, 18-8, in the opener on Saturday. Sunday's scheduled game at home against Rome was postponed by rain and will be played at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 1.
If New Berlin loses, it is eliminated from the tournament. If it wins, it would take on Brookfield on Sept. 2, with time and site to be determined.
At this point, Cedarburg and Brookfield are 1-0 and Rome and New Berlin 0-1 in the double-elimination event.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team had 'successful' year, Vahovick says
- Area baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game (2)
- New Berlin West's Radtke commits to Lake Superior State
- New Berlin West's Fritz tosses 3-hitter but drops 2-1 decision to West Allis Hale
- Baseball: Whitnall edges Eisenhower in wild extra-inning WIAA regional contest
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Eisenhower baseball team goes 3-0 in Woodland consolation bracket
- New Berlin West only wins once in Woodland championship bracket
- Lombardo, Nowak earn NOW All-Suburban honors
- Sports Notes: July 9, 2015