New Berlin Athletic Association
Braves, Padres: The Padres started off the season with a fun game against the Braves. Both teams had some good hits and defensive plays in the field. Many of the Padres hits came without using the tee and a few even caught the pitcher off-guard.
Diamondbacks, Padres: The Padres batted through the lineup a couple innings and several players made good stops on grounders in the infield.
Braves, Astros: The Astros Sela Proctor, Emily Diodati, Jessica Kemstra and Rebecca Jegier were among the group of players with multiple hits. The defensive highlight was a great unassisted play at third base by Rose Reichert.
Cubs, Astros: In the first game of the season, the Astros appeared to be in midseason form offensively by batting the entire lineup in two of three innings. Kayla Kane went 3-for-3 including a smash off the pitcher, Coach Ron. Rose Reichert and Sydney Travers were among the many Astros to reach base multiple times. Great plays were made by Sela Proctor, Isabella Doucas and Maddie Schultz.
Rays 6, Mariners 5: The Rays played a solid game. Skylar Berens and Emily Siegel did an excellent job pitching. Good fielding was shown by Kaitlin Tadlock at first base. At the start of the fourth inning the Rays were down, 5-2. Sally Dettlaff kick-started the team with a two-run hit and the team scored twice more in the inning for the win.
Padres 3, Phillies 5: Samantha Lundin pitched two scoreless innings in her Girls Minors debut. Charolette Ropas crushed a pitch to left-center field for a two-run home run.
Angels 7, Mets 6: It was a well played game on both sides of the ball, with the Angels winning in the bottom of the seventh. Leading the way for the Angels were Dan Western, who went 2-for-2 with a walk, and Clayton Nelson and John Dougherty, who both went 2-for-3.
Angels 16, Brewers 8: Alex Hebron, Danny Leitinger and Derek Wieczorek led the way for the Angels with two hits each.
Urban Ghost Riders Cubs 9, Tigers 5: The Cubs jumped out to a 6-1 lead behind Madison Pagoria, Taylor Thompson and Selena Deer, who all drove in two runs. Domenica Nudi, Emily Szydlowski, Michaela Hamilton and Jamie Ehlert helped the Cubs by getting on base a combined eight times. The Cubs received a combined pitching gem by duo of Ali Bolt and Julia Piotrowski, who gave up five runs on six hits. The Tigers' late comeback was halted by the Cubs when Alyssa Keiser started a 9-3-2 play at the plate with Keri Lichtfuss catching.
Cubs 10, Royals 4: The Royals jumped out to a 3-0 lead only to see the Cubs storm back behind the strong pitching performances of Taylor Thompson and Ali Boldt. Emily Szydlowski had a two-run double. Jamie Ehlert, Michaela Hamilton and Caralia Ferrante all had two RBIs. The defense was led by Julia Piotrowski and Selena Deer. Domenica Nudi, Alyssa Kaiser, Kerri Lichtfuss all scored runs for the Cubs.
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team exceeded expectations
- Girls basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball team wins summer tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team drops heartbreaker to Greendale in regional final
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team falls to Cudahy in WIAA regional
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins twice in Woodland Conference tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball wins Woodland Conference tournament
- Softball: New Berlin West's Greg Klotz is Now Newspapers' Coach of Year
- Softball: New Berlin West's Sowinski, Klotz named to Now All-Suburban softball team
- Softball: Nowak, Rossbach continued New Berlin Eisenhower's softball tradition