New Berlin West hired Tim Rodiez to coach boys and girls track and field next fall, replacing Matt Ische, who left to take a guidance counselor position in Elmbrook School District.
"Tim brings a great deal of knowledge, expertise and experience related to track," Director of Athletics and Activities Jordan Napoli said when he made the announcement on Friday, Aug. 8.
Rodiez, who has 42 years of running experience, graduated from Milwaukee South Division High School.
He coached at Whitnall High School, where he coached track and field for 15 years, winning six conference titles and multiple runner ups. He also coached two years at Germantown.
The New Berlin West track teams have been highly competitive in recent years and won the Woodland Conference Girls Track Title in 2014.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team had 'successful' year, Vahovick says
- Area baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game (2)
- New Berlin West's Radtke commits to Lake Superior State
- New Berlin West's Fritz tosses 3-hitter but drops 2-1 decision to West Allis Hale
- Baseball: Whitnall edges Eisenhower in wild extra-inning WIAA regional contest
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Eisenhower baseball team goes 3-0 in Woodland consolation bracket
- New Berlin West only wins once in Woodland championship bracket
- Lombardo, Nowak earn NOW All-Suburban honors
- Sports Notes: July 9, 2015