New Berlin Eisenhower had several team award winners on this season's baseball team, but two players — a senior and a freshman — stood out.
Senior Peyton Cypress and freshman Joey Scaffidi shared co-MVP honors for the Lions.
Those two players also won two more team awards as Scaffidi was the Offensive Player of the Year and Cypress was the Pitcher of the Year.
Two Lions also shared the Defensive Player of the Year Award. Junior shortstop Nick Vasic and sophomore second baseman Ryan Potts were named the top defenders.
That means Scaffidi, Vasic and Potts, all key award winners, will be leading the returnees next season for Vahovick and his staff of Trevor Theissen, Steve Hluchnik, Drew Volkmann and Kevin Sowinski.
All-Conference honors went to five Lions on various levels.
Cypress earned first-team All-Woodland Conference at utility, and Scafiddi in the outfield and Steven Hegeman in the infield were second-team All-West Division.
Honorable mention honors went to Vasic in the infield and freshman Bryce Wesling in the outfield.
Coach Michael Vahovick will only lose three seniors — Cypress (P/IF), Hegeman (P/IF) and Ross Spadaro (P/OF).
"Our three seniors provided valuable leadership throughout the season, which helped out bringing our younger players along as the season played out," Vahovick said. "Overall our season was a success. We finished 16-16 overall and 9-8 in the conference. We were a young team and grew all season long. I am excited about implementing my philosophies over the next year and seeing these returning guys hitting the ground running."
The Lions will return juniors Vasic, Nick Dreyer (P/IF/OF) and Ryan Macho (P/IF/OF); sophomores Potts, Drew Spadaro (P/IF/OF), Gavin Beacom (C-P) and Tyler Samson (C/IF/OF); and freshmen Scaffidi, Wesling and Luke Cary (P-OF).
- Softball: New Berlin West's Klotz is Now Coach of Year
- Softball: New Berlin West's Sowinski, Klotz named to Now All-Suburban softball team
- Softball: Nowak, Rossbach continued New Berlin Eisenhower's softball tradition
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team sweeps rival New Berlin West
- Baseball: Division title slips away from New Berlin West baseball team
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team drops pair to Tosa West
- Long-tenured sports writer Sky Skibosh heads into retirement, sort of
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team sits at top of Woodland West
- Girls soccer: New Berlin West girls soccer team finishes one win from state in Drago's first year
- Softball: New Berlin West's outstanding softball season ends with state title