Seven local soccer players will get the opportunity to play together for a college coach with a New Berlin connection.
The MSOE soccer team will welcome four New Berlin Eisenhower and three New Berlin West kickers.
The team is coached by Milwaukee's own Jimmy Banks with his son, Dee, as his assistant. Both Jimmy and Dee were involved with the New Berlin Soccer Club for many years, which may be why they have recruited so many of their former youth players.
Former Eisenhower players Nicholas Dobernig, Michael Perez, Matt Rakowski and Andrew Swiecichowski will join West players Matthew Rink, Tim Rink and Brock Shilling this fall.
Banks had special praise for Rakowski, a defender and midfielder for Whitefish Bay SC.
"Matt is a very intelligent soccer player who makes great tactical decisions," Banks said. "He defends well and doesn't hesitate to get into the attack."
Another familiar face to Raider soccer is Rink, whose older brother, Matthew, is in his third year at MSOE. Tim, a defender for the Vikings, is a two-time all-conference performer.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team exceeded expectations
- Girls basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball team wins summer tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team drops heartbreaker to Greendale in regional final
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team falls to Cudahy in WIAA regional
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins twice in Woodland Conference tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball wins Woodland Conference tournament
- Softball: New Berlin West's Greg Klotz is Now Newspapers' Coach of Year
- Softball: New Berlin West's Sowinski, Klotz named to Now All-Suburban softball team
- Softball: Nowak, Rossbach continued New Berlin Eisenhower's softball tradition