The JOLO Soccer Academy finished it's inaugural summer camp in New Berlin on July 17 with the nearly 40 kids who participated in the training.
"We have put on summer camps for the past three years but to start our very own was a true blessing to us," camp director Peter Knebel said. "Building on the success of this camp, we will be opening up camps next summer in Waukesha, Hales Corners and West Allis.
"The parents were completely pleased by the low cost ($50) which included a camp T-shirt and the level of soccer training that their children received. Whether the camper was in first grade or high school, the coaches provided personal attention at the level each player needed."
At the end of each session, the coaches played against the campers. Session 1 (grades 1-6) tied the coaches for the first time ever 1-1, as there were over 22 players on the campers team. Session 2 (grades 7-12) lost 4-1.
For more information on JOLO Soccer Academy, you can visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jolosocceracademy or contact Peter Knebel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team drops heartbreaker to Greendale in regional final
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team falls to Cudahy in WIAA regional
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins twice in Woodland Conference tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball wins Woodland Conference tournament
- Softball: New Berlin West's Greg Klotz is Now Newspapers' Coach of Year
- Softball: New Berlin West's Sowinski, Klotz named to Now All-Suburban softball team
- Softball: Nowak, Rossbach continued New Berlin Eisenhower's softball tradition
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team sweeps rival New Berlin West
- Baseball: Division title slips away from New Berlin West baseball team