The USTA/Midwest Section Closed Junior Championships took place June 21-June 26. This is the Midwest Section's largest, most prestigious junior tournament with approximately 1,000 of the top competitive junior players set to compete.
Winners from the Midwest Closed Junior Championships will automatically be included in the section quota for the USTA Boys' and Girls' 12, 14, 16, and 18 USTA National Championships this August.
Top finishers in each division will be included in the section quota provided they meet the designated tournament requirements.
Nearly 1,000players from all USTA/Midwest Section states – Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin – will be participating. Schools in Indianapolis, Ind. will serve as host sites for the 18-and-under and 16-and-under age divisions, while the 14-and-under and 12-and-under age divisions will take place in Okemos, Mich.
There are two New Berlin 12-year olds competing in tennis — one boy and one girl: Ashwin Sankrithi and Lauren Landstrom.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Lakers claim berth in Lakes'Grand Championship playoffs
- Eisenhower tennis team needs to rebuild singles lineup
- New Berlin golfers 11th at Pius Invitational
- New Berlin West shooting to make football playoffs again
- New Berlin West kickers return eight letter winners
- Kern looking to open up Eisenhower football team's offense
- Troy excited about Eisenhower kickers' chances
- Knoll, Peil make Now All-Suburban Baseball Team again
- Madison to host tug of war championship
- New Berlin Lakers advance to Eastern Division championship series