The USTA/Midwest Section Closed Junior Championships took place June 21-June 26. This is the Midwest Section's largest, most prestigious junior tournament with approximately 1,000 of the top competitive junior players set to compete.
Winners from the Midwest Closed Junior Championships will automatically be included in the section quota for the USTA Boys' and Girls' 12, 14, 16, and 18 USTA National Championships this August.
Top finishers in each division will be included in the section quota provided they meet the designated tournament requirements.
Nearly 1,000players from all USTA/Midwest Section states – Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin – will be participating. Schools in Indianapolis, Ind. will serve as host sites for the 18-and-under and 16-and-under age divisions, while the 14-and-under and 12-and-under age divisions will take place in Okemos, Mich.
There are two New Berlin 12-year olds competing in tennis — one boy and one girl: Ashwin Sankrithi and Lauren Landstrom.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 4, 2016
- Sports Notes: Feb. 4, 2016
- New Berlin West boys basketball team's Pipik, Cottrell key win over Cudahy
- Boys basketball: Brown Deer nips New Berlin Eisenhower in triple overtime
- Brown Deer hands Eisenhower first loss in 3 OTs, 102-99
- Ben Chossek named New Berlin West football coach
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 28, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 21, 2016
- Nick Datka named New Berlin Eisenhower girls soccer coach
- Boys basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower's red-hot second half helps Lions dominate Pewaukee