The USTA/Midwest Section Closed Junior Championships took place June 21-June 26. This is the Midwest Section's largest, most prestigious junior tournament with approximately 1,000 of the top competitive junior players set to compete.
Winners from the Midwest Closed Junior Championships will automatically be included in the section quota for the USTA Boys' and Girls' 12, 14, 16, and 18 USTA National Championships this August.
Top finishers in each division will be included in the section quota provided they meet the designated tournament requirements.
Nearly 1,000players from all USTA/Midwest Section states – Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin – will be participating. Schools in Indianapolis, Ind. will serve as host sites for the 18-and-under and 16-and-under age divisions, while the 14-and-under and 12-and-under age divisions will take place in Okemos, Mich.
There are two New Berlin 12-year olds competing in tennis — one boy and one girl: Ashwin Sankrithi and Lauren Landstrom.
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower bats come alive against Pewaukee
- New Berlin West baseball team, Greendale tied for first
- Girls soccer: New Berlin Eisenhower girls soccer team has good season
- Softball: New Berlin Eisenhower's Ali Nowak earns first-team all-state honors
- State Softball: New Berlin West starts fast, holds on, beats New London
- Softball: New Berlin West wins first state softball championship
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team back on winning track
- Girls soccer: New Berlin West girls soccer team nips Lions in semifinal shootout
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team defeats Greenfield, 5-1
- Waukesha West blanks New Berlin West soccer team, 4-0