New Berlin West has hired Courtney Wiegel as the new girls head volleyball coach, said Julie Kader, athletic and activities director.
Wiegel recently had been coaching for West Allis Central as the head JV boys volleyball coach.
Wiegel grew up in the western part of the state playing volleyball and softball for Darlington High School. She attended the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, where she received her bachelor's degree in mathematics education.
While at Platteville, she coached club volleyball for Southern Storm. She will be joining the West math department next year as well.
"We are very fortunate to have coach Wiegel as part of our school community," Kader said. "She will provide the stability and long-term growth of the high school as well as our youth programs."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team had 'successful' year, Vahovick says
- Area baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game (2)
- New Berlin West's Radtke commits to Lake Superior State
- New Berlin West's Fritz tosses 3-hitter but drops 2-1 decision to West Allis Hale
- Baseball: Whitnall edges Eisenhower in wild extra-inning WIAA regional contest
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Eisenhower baseball team goes 3-0 in Woodland consolation bracket
- New Berlin West only wins once in Woodland championship bracket
- Lombardo, Nowak earn NOW All-Suburban honors
- Sports Notes: July 9, 2015