New Berlin West has hired Courtney Wiegel as the new girls head volleyball coach, said Julie Kader, athletic and activities director.
Wiegel recently had been coaching for West Allis Central as the head JV boys volleyball coach.
Wiegel grew up in the western part of the state playing volleyball and softball for Darlington High School. She attended the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, where she received her bachelor's degree in mathematics education.
While at Platteville, she coached club volleyball for Southern Storm. She will be joining the West math department next year as well.
"We are very fortunate to have coach Wiegel as part of our school community," Kader said. "She will provide the stability and long-term growth of the high school as well as our youth programs."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Lakers claim berth in Lakes'Grand Championship playoffs
- Eisenhower tennis team needs to rebuild singles lineup
- New Berlin golfers 11th at Pius Invitational
- New Berlin West shooting to make football playoffs again
- New Berlin West kickers return eight letter winners
- Kern looking to open up Eisenhower football team's offense
- Troy excited about Eisenhower kickers' chances
- Knoll, Peil make Now All-Suburban Baseball Team again
- Madison to host tug of war championship
- New Berlin Lakers advance to Eastern Division championship series