The New Berlin Eisenhower boys golf team will be returning only three starters, so coach Dave Scheidegger will be looking for some newcomers to step up.
Returning from last season will be senior senior Jake Lipski, junior Nathan Erickson and sophomore Steven Kraninger.
"We have some experienced solid golfers," Scheidegger said. "We're banking on them to continue to develop and grow good numbers. The newcomers will have two to three spots open to call their own."
Juniors Joel Bruening, Evan Campbell, Jake Davis, Jake Russell, Alec Stuckart and Thomas Wesling and sophomore Isaac Surges will battle for those spots.
"Those are the guys in the running playing for two to three spots," Scheidegger said. "For the golfers who can throw good scores, spots will be there."
Ike finished second (115) in the Pewaukee quad on April 22 behind the Pirates (110) and before Greendale (116) and New Berlin West (122). Each team had three two-man teams.
The Lions teams consisted of Lipski/Erickson (35), Kraninger/Surges (37) and Russell/Campbell (43).
The Lions then finished sixth with a 344 in the 19-team Franklin Invitational on Friday at Oakwood.
Kraninger shot an 82 and finished tied for 10th to lead the Lions. Erickson (83), Russell (89) Surges (90) and Campbell (91) rounded out the scoring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 29, 2015
- Sharpshooting Sirek leads New Berlin Eisenhower boys to victory
- New Berlin West girls basketball team plays well, earns split in WC
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 22, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls pull away from Pewaukee in fourth quarter
- Girls basketball: Fourth-quarter explosion lifts Lions to big win
- Big plays key New Berlin Eisenhower girls' win over West
- New Berlin West boys can't overcome slow start against Eisenhower
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team beats South but loses to East
- New Berlin Eisenhower wins Oshkosh West tourney