The New Berlin Eisenhower boys golf team will be returning only three starters, so coach Dave Scheidegger will be looking for some newcomers to step up.
Returning from last season will be senior senior Jake Lipski, junior Nathan Erickson and sophomore Steven Kraninger.
"We have some experienced solid golfers," Scheidegger said. "We're banking on them to continue to develop and grow good numbers. The newcomers will have two to three spots open to call their own."
Juniors Joel Bruening, Evan Campbell, Jake Davis, Jake Russell, Alec Stuckart and Thomas Wesling and sophomore Isaac Surges will battle for those spots.
"Those are the guys in the running playing for two to three spots," Scheidegger said. "For the golfers who can throw good scores, spots will be there."
Ike finished second (115) in the Pewaukee quad on April 22 behind the Pirates (110) and before Greendale (116) and New Berlin West (122). Each team had three two-man teams.
The Lions teams consisted of Lipski/Erickson (35), Kraninger/Surges (37) and Russell/Campbell (43).
The Lions then finished sixth with a 344 in the 19-team Franklin Invitational on Friday at Oakwood.
Kraninger shot an 82 and finished tied for 10th to lead the Lions. Erickson (83), Russell (89) Surges (90) and Campbell (91) rounded out the scoring.
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Sport Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Girls soccer: New Berlin Eisenhower girls soccer team tied for first in Woodland
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys second at Altheimer Track Invitational
- Softball: First-place New Berlin West softball team improves to 8-0
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Boys volleyball: Nick Maske named New Berlin United boys volleyball coach
- Sports Notes: April 21
- Sport Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Softball: New Berlin West softball team improves to 4-0 on diamond