The New Berlin Eisenhower boys golf team will be returning only three starters, so coach Dave Scheidegger will be looking for some newcomers to step up.
Returning from last season will be senior senior Jake Lipski, junior Nathan Erickson and sophomore Steven Kraninger.
"We have some experienced solid golfers," Scheidegger said. "We're banking on them to continue to develop and grow good numbers. The newcomers will have two to three spots open to call their own."
Juniors Joel Bruening, Evan Campbell, Jake Davis, Jake Russell, Alec Stuckart and Thomas Wesling and sophomore Isaac Surges will battle for those spots.
"Those are the guys in the running playing for two to three spots," Scheidegger said. "For the golfers who can throw good scores, spots will be there."
Ike finished second (115) in the Pewaukee quad on April 22 behind the Pirates (110) and before Greendale (116) and New Berlin West (122). Each team had three two-man teams.
The Lions teams consisted of Lipski/Erickson (35), Kraninger/Surges (37) and Russell/Campbell (43).
The Lions then finished sixth with a 344 in the 19-team Franklin Invitational on Friday at Oakwood.
Kraninger shot an 82 and finished tied for 10th to lead the Lions. Erickson (83), Russell (89) Surges (90) and Campbell (91) rounded out the scoring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ike beats Greendale after loss to Lady Popes
- Weiss, Gatzke double winners for Marlins at South Milwaukee
- New Berlin wrestlers lose to Greenfield, 10th at Stech Invite
- Eisenhower boy basketball team splits two games
- Sport Shorts: Dec, 18, 2014
- New Berlin West girls roll over Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Eisenhower girls basketball team beats Greenfield, Shorewod
- Boys basketball: Shorewood has inside edge on Eisenhower
- Eisenhower girls beat Shorewood, 50-32
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11, 2014