The New Berlin Eisenhower boys golf team will be returning only three starters, so coach Dave Scheidegger will be looking for some newcomers to step up.
Returning from last season will be senior senior Jake Lipski, junior Nathan Erickson and sophomore Steven Kraninger.
"We have some experienced solid golfers," Scheidegger said. "We're banking on them to continue to develop and grow good numbers. The newcomers will have two to three spots open to call their own."
Juniors Joel Bruening, Evan Campbell, Jake Davis, Jake Russell, Alec Stuckart and Thomas Wesling and sophomore Isaac Surges will battle for those spots.
"Those are the guys in the running playing for two to three spots," Scheidegger said. "For the golfers who can throw good scores, spots will be there."
Ike finished second (115) in the Pewaukee quad on April 22 behind the Pirates (110) and before Greendale (116) and New Berlin West (122). Each team had three two-man teams.
The Lions teams consisted of Lipski/Erickson (35), Kraninger/Surges (37) and Russell/Campbell (43).
The Lions then finished sixth with a 344 in the 19-team Franklin Invitational on Friday at Oakwood.
Kraninger shot an 82 and finished tied for 10th to lead the Lions. Erickson (83), Russell (89) Surges (90) and Campbell (91) rounded out the scoring.
- Girls softball: New Berlin West softball team nips Eisenhower to win regional title
- Sports Notes: June 2, 2016
- Track and Field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys track, field team sends record 11 entries to state
- New Berlin and Muskego Sports Shorts: June 2
- West holds off Eisenhower, 7-6, to win regional softball title
- Muskego and New Berlin Sports Shorts: May 26
- Eisenhower boys win Woodland tennis title
- SOFTBALL: New Berlin West wins third conference title in six years
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys capture Woodland title
- Baseball: Eisenhower, New Berlin West baseball teams have different expectations (1)