New Berlin Eisenhower softball rolls to four straight wins
Katie Schlegel throws no-hitter against Shorewood
New Berlin Eisenhower's softball team has a four-game win streak going, winning three last week, behind the pitching and hitting of Katie Schlegel.
Ike opened the season in the Wilmot Tournament on April 5 with an 8-4 loss. Schlegel and Stef Lombardo each had two hits and four of the Lions' seven.
Ike then beat Mukwonago, 4-2, as Schlegel allowed six hits, walked two and fanned eight. Lombardo had a hit and two RBIs to lead the offense.
Eisenhower then opened the week with an 11-1 win over Greendale on April 8 at home. Leading 4-1 through four innings, the Lions put the game away with five runs in the fifth and two in the sixth.
Schlegel had three hits, three runs and three RBIs while Riley Rossbach added two hits, a run and three RBIs and Ali Nowak had two hits, a run and two RBIs.
Schlegel tossed a complete game (6 IP, 4 BB, 11 K) to get the first of three wins to start the week.
The next day the Lions crushed St. Francis, 12-0, in a five-inning game at home, as Schlegel, who had two hits, connected for a grand slam to spark the offense.
Lombardo had two hits and three RBIs. Andrea Leder had two hits and three runs scored and Stacey Grabowski had two hits and an RBI.
Schlegel stood out on the mound again, fanning seven in four innings for the win.
The Lions closed out the week with a 15-0 win over Shorewood on Friday at home, as Schlegel tossed a five-inning no-hitter (2 BB, 6 K). Schlegel had a big day, getting two hits, a run and an RBI at the plate.
Nowak added two hits, two runs and three RBIs, Rossbach had two hits, two RBIs and Lombardo had two hits and two runs.
The Lions (3-1) are now off until Wednesday, April 23, at Cudahy.
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team drops heartbreaker to Greendale in regional final
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team falls to Cudahy in WIAA regional
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins twice in Woodland Conference tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball wins Woodland Conference tournament
- Softball: New Berlin West's Greg Klotz is Now Newspapers' Coach of Year
- Softball: New Berlin West's Sowinski, Klotz named to Now All-Suburban softball team
- Softball: Nowak, Rossbach continued New Berlin Eisenhower's softball tradition
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team sweeps rival New Berlin West
- Baseball: Division title slips away from New Berlin West baseball team