New Berlin Eisenhower softball rolls to four straight wins
Katie Schlegel throws no-hitter against Shorewood
New Berlin Eisenhower's softball team has a four-game win streak going, winning three last week, behind the pitching and hitting of Katie Schlegel.
Ike opened the season in the Wilmot Tournament on April 5 with an 8-4 loss. Schlegel and Stef Lombardo each had two hits and four of the Lions' seven.
Ike then beat Mukwonago, 4-2, as Schlegel allowed six hits, walked two and fanned eight. Lombardo had a hit and two RBIs to lead the offense.
Eisenhower then opened the week with an 11-1 win over Greendale on April 8 at home. Leading 4-1 through four innings, the Lions put the game away with five runs in the fifth and two in the sixth.
Schlegel had three hits, three runs and three RBIs while Riley Rossbach added two hits, a run and three RBIs and Ali Nowak had two hits, a run and two RBIs.
Schlegel tossed a complete game (6 IP, 4 BB, 11 K) to get the first of three wins to start the week.
The next day the Lions crushed St. Francis, 12-0, in a five-inning game at home, as Schlegel, who had two hits, connected for a grand slam to spark the offense.
Lombardo had two hits and three RBIs. Andrea Leder had two hits and three runs scored and Stacey Grabowski had two hits and an RBI.
Schlegel stood out on the mound again, fanning seven in four innings for the win.
The Lions closed out the week with a 15-0 win over Shorewood on Friday at home, as Schlegel tossed a five-inning no-hitter (2 BB, 6 K). Schlegel had a big day, getting two hits, a run and an RBI at the plate.
Nowak added two hits, two runs and three RBIs, Rossbach had two hits, two RBIs and Lombardo had two hits and two runs.
The Lions (3-1) are now off until Wednesday, April 23, at Cudahy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ike beats Greendale after loss to Lady Popes
- Weiss, Gatzke double winners for Marlins at South Milwaukee
- New Berlin wrestlers lose to Greenfield, 10th at Stech Invite
- Eisenhower boy basketball team splits two games
- Sport Shorts: Dec, 18, 2014
- New Berlin West girls roll over Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Eisenhower girls basketball team beats Greenfield, Shorewod
- Boys basketball: Shorewood has inside edge on Eisenhower
- Eisenhower girls beat Shorewood, 50-32
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11, 2014