New Berlin Eisenhower boys back on winning track
Team has tough games with Greendale, Pius next on slate
New Berlin Eisenhower got back on the winning track last week, defeating Brookfield East, 80-62, in a non-conference game and St. Francis, 56-46, in a Woodland Conference game to improve to 15-2 overall and 11-1 in league play.
The boys basketball schedule gets tougher as they will now take to the road for 7:30 p.m. games with Greendale (11-5, 8-4) on Friday and at second-place Pius XI (13-4, 8-2) on Tuesday.
The Cudahy game scheduled for Jan. 28 was postponed when school was canceled because of cold weather. That has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 20 at Eisenhower.
Reed Timmer got back on track with 58 points in two games after being held to two points by Shorewood.
The Lions defeated St. Francis, 56-46, on Friday at home, but the Mariners battled them the entire game. A quick start with a 17-9 first quarter led to a 27-15 halftime lead.
But the Mariners stayed tough in the second half, outscoring Eisenhower, 31-29, to stay within 10 points.
Timmer scored 25 points, hitting 11-for-14 from the free throw line, and Jack Sirek added 10. Six other Lions also scored, topped off by Brett Hanson with six. Adam Korpela and Michael Koss each led St. Francis with 15 points.
Big third quarter
Eisenhower beat Brookfield East, 80-62, in a non-conference game on Jan. 29 at the Bradley Center, playing before the Milwaukee Bucks-Phoenix Suns game.
The Lions led 34-22 at intermission and then exploded for 31 points in the third quarter and rolled into the fourth quarter with a 65-38 lead.
Timmer scored 33 points, which included four 3-pointers, while Sirek had 11 points and Nick Ganzke added 10 as nine Lions got on the board.
Christian Simon led East with 22 points, including three 3-pointers, while Dominic Cartier had 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Eisenhower rolls over Pewaukee
- New Berlin Eisenhower swimming team wins Woodland Conference Relays
- Football: Jordan Canady, Eisenhower football win battle of New Berlin with ease
- New Berlin Eisenhower football team routs Pius for two wins in a row
- New Berlin West football team drops heartbreaker to Pewaukee
- Eisenhower girls swimming team dominates at Rocket Relays
- New Berlin United loses to Germantown in own invitational
- Football: New Berlin Eisenhower's Jake Rastas sparks victory over Wauwatosa West
- Football: Jake Rastas sparks New Berlin Eisenhower's 21-14 win over Wauwatosa West
- More than 85 soccer teams at NBSC Fall Classic