New Berlin West named new boys and girls soccer coaches last week, as Adam Bell will take over the girls team in the spring and Nick Datka will head up the boys next fall.
Bell has been teaching social studies in the West school system the past three years after graduating from Carroll University.
Bell, hoping for an opportunity to coach soccer during that time period, has spent time coaching basketball, track & field and football.
“Adam has done a wonderful job with our athletes the past three years,” Julie Kader, director of athletics and activities. “We are extremely excited for him to take the program to the next level.”
Datka will be on the sideline this fall leading the New West boys soccer program. Datka previously was the varsity boys coach at East Troy High School where he led the Trojans to over 100 victories, four regional championships and one conference championship in his seven seasons.
After taking the last two years off from the high school game, Datka saw the Vikings job as the right opportunity to return to high school soccer.
“I have a great deal of respect for the Woodland Conference and its overall quality of soccer,” Datka said. “Some of my most memorable games as a head coach have come against Woodland Conference opponents.
“New Berlin is a great community with strong soccer traditions. It is an honor to be the next head coach for the Vikings and am ready to help lead them to the next level.”
Datka has also volunteered with local soccer clubs. Datka is married and has three children ranging from 8 months to seven years old.
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower bats come alive against Pewaukee
- New Berlin West baseball team, Greendale tied for first
- Girls soccer: New Berlin Eisenhower girls soccer team has good season
- Softball: New Berlin Eisenhower's Ali Nowak earns first-team all-state honors
- State Softball: New Berlin West starts fast, holds on, beats New London
- Softball: New Berlin West wins first state softball championship
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team back on winning track
- Girls soccer: New Berlin West girls soccer team nips Lions in semifinal shootout
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team defeats Greenfield, 5-1
- Waukesha West blanks New Berlin West soccer team, 4-0