New Berlin West named new boys and girls soccer coaches last week, as Adam Bell will take over the girls team in the spring and Nick Datka will head up the boys next fall.
Bell has been teaching social studies in the West school system the past three years after graduating from Carroll University.
Bell, hoping for an opportunity to coach soccer during that time period, has spent time coaching basketball, track & field and football.
“Adam has done a wonderful job with our athletes the past three years,” Julie Kader, director of athletics and activities. “We are extremely excited for him to take the program to the next level.”
Datka will be on the sideline this fall leading the New West boys soccer program. Datka previously was the varsity boys coach at East Troy High School where he led the Trojans to over 100 victories, four regional championships and one conference championship in his seven seasons.
After taking the last two years off from the high school game, Datka saw the Vikings job as the right opportunity to return to high school soccer.
“I have a great deal of respect for the Woodland Conference and its overall quality of soccer,” Datka said. “Some of my most memorable games as a head coach have come against Woodland Conference opponents.
“New Berlin is a great community with strong soccer traditions. It is an honor to be the next head coach for the Vikings and am ready to help lead them to the next level.”
Datka has also volunteered with local soccer clubs. Datka is married and has three children ranging from 8 months to seven years old.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Lakers claim berth in Lakes'Grand Championship playoffs
- Eisenhower tennis team needs to rebuild singles lineup
- New Berlin golfers 11th at Pius Invitational
- New Berlin West shooting to make football playoffs again
- New Berlin West kickers return eight letter winners
- Kern looking to open up Eisenhower football team's offense
- Troy excited about Eisenhower kickers' chances
- Knoll, Peil make Now All-Suburban Baseball Team again
- Madison to host tug of war championship
- New Berlin Lakers advance to Eastern Division championship series