New Berlin Eisenhower's boys basketball team defeated New Berlin West, 61-40, on Nov. 26 at West in the only action for both teams last week.
The Lions improved to 3-0 and hosted Pius XI on Dec. 3. They now host Pewaukee at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 6.
The Vikings dropped to 0-3 and hit the road, where they faced South Milwaukee on Dec. 3 and now travel to Greenfield for a 7:30 p.m. game Dec. 6. They then host Brown Deer at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 10.
Eisenhower put the game away early, jumping out to a 23-8 first-quarter lead over West. The Lions then played their best quarter of the game, using a 13-9 advantage to cut the lead to 32-21 at intermission.
But the Lions put the game away in the third period, taking a 16-10 advantage and a 48-31 lead after three quarters.
Senior guard Reed Timmer scored 33 points on 10 field goals, including three 3-pointers, and he nailed 10-of-13 shots from the free throw line. Brett Uelner managed 11 points, hitting 5-of-6 free throws.
The Vikings continue to struggle scoring points as Chamika Wijenayake led the scoring with eight points. Fred Cottrell had seven points and Mindika Wijenayake added six.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: April 24
- Senior looks to lead New Berlin West boys golf
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys four points short of indoor track title
- New Berlin West girls track second in Woodland West Indoor
- New Berlin West out-slugs Pewaukee in softball opener
- New Berlin Eisenhower softball rolls to four straight wins
- New Berlin West girls soccer off to 2-1 start
- Sign up for New Berlin Eisenhower youth girls basketball is May 5
- New Berlin West sets girls basketball camps