An athletic Wisconsin Lutheran team used outstanding scoring balance and a good defensive effort by senior guard Larry Moore to beat New Berlin Eisenhower, 60-42, and run away with the WIAA Sectional Championship and a trip to the state tournament at the Kohl Center in Madison on Friday and Saturday.
After scoring five points in the first quarter, New Berlin Eisenhower junior guard Reed Timmer looked like he was on his way to another big scoring night, but Moore, at 5-foot-6 inches, then held Timmer to two, three and four points in the last three quarters, for a total of 14 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin West's pitching shines in 3-0 week
- Germantown loses first NSC game, but still maintains league lead
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys baseball take three of four
- Eisenhower beats New Berlin West and Cudahy in baseball
- Klopp ends Viking season at state
- New Berlin West softball should look at big picture
- New Berlin West splits two games on diamond
- Baldwin-Woodville clubs Vikings, 9-0, at state
- New Berlin West's Albino wins state pole vault championship
- Sports Shorts: June 6