New Berlin Eisenhower went on a 6-0 run to start the fourth quarter and defeated crosstown rival New Berlin West, 52-42, at West in the regular season finale.
Leading 34-30, going into the final period, Sammy Kozlowski hit a jumper and Erin Ganzke hit two free throws and a jumper and suddenly it was a 10-point game.
After a 14-14 first quarter, Ike took a slim 22-21 lead into halftime and increased that lead to 34-30 going into the final period as Katie Lang, who led the Lions with 14 points, scored on a drive, was fouled and sank the free throw, starting a 9-0 run.
West, who was led by Beth Ver Haagh with 20 points, cut the lead to 49-41 with 1:18 left, but it was too little too late.
Ike and Pius now share the title (16-1) while the Viking finish 11-6.
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower bats come alive against Pewaukee
- New Berlin West baseball team, Greendale tied for first
- Girls soccer: New Berlin Eisenhower girls soccer team has good season
- Softball: New Berlin Eisenhower's Ali Nowak earns first-team all-state honors
- State Softball: New Berlin West starts fast, holds on, beats New London
- Softball: New Berlin West wins first state softball championship
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team back on winning track
- Girls soccer: New Berlin West girls soccer team nips Lions in semifinal shootout
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team defeats Greenfield, 5-1
- Waukesha West blanks New Berlin West soccer team, 4-0