New Berlin Eisenhower went on a 6-0 run to start the fourth quarter and defeated crosstown rival New Berlin West, 52-42, at West in the regular season finale.
Leading 34-30, going into the final period, Sammy Kozlowski hit a jumper and Erin Ganzke hit two free throws and a jumper and suddenly it was a 10-point game.
After a 14-14 first quarter, Ike took a slim 22-21 lead into halftime and increased that lead to 34-30 going into the final period as Katie Lang, who led the Lions with 14 points, scored on a drive, was fouled and sank the free throw, starting a 9-0 run.
West, who was led by Beth Ver Haagh with 20 points, cut the lead to 49-41 with 1:18 left, but it was too little too late.
Ike and Pius now share the title (16-1) while the Viking finish 11-6.
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team exceeded expectations
- Girls basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball team wins summer tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team drops heartbreaker to Greendale in regional final
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team falls to Cudahy in WIAA regional
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins twice in Woodland Conference tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball wins Woodland Conference tournament
- Softball: New Berlin West's Greg Klotz is Now Newspapers' Coach of Year
- Softball: New Berlin West's Sowinski, Klotz named to Now All-Suburban softball team
- Softball: Nowak, Rossbach continued New Berlin Eisenhower's softball tradition