New Berlin Eisenhower — led by senior Jenny Weiland — used a 19-2 first quarter to roll past crosstown rival New Berlin West, 52-34, Friday night at Eisenhower.
Weiland was the only player from either team in double figures with 18, as she helped Eisenhower to a 30-12 lead at halftime by scoring as many points as the crosstown Vikings.
West coach Cory Scheel talked about that fast start and how his team struggled all night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- New Berlin West, Eisenhower kickers eliminated from postseason
- Meleski, Eldien shine at Woodland Conference championship
- New Berlin United wins Woodland Boys volleyball title
- Football: New Berlin West closes year on two-game winning streak
- Football: Messmer/Shorewood ends Eisenhower's playoff hopes
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Big second half gives New Berlin West first win
- Eisenhower nips Greenfield in first crossover game