United for Greg volleyball match set for Tuesday at Ike
Boys spikers to host Catholic Memorial
The New Berlin United Boy's Varsity Volleyball team will be hosting a non-conference match vs Catholic Memorial, but it will be even more important than usual.
This match will be a fundraising benefit for a 14-year old New Berlin resident freshman at Marquette University High School who is battling bone cancer.
Greg Von Rueden went to Holy Apostles grade school and played volleyball with several players from both New Berlin United and CMH. He also plays club volleyball with several of these players for the West Allis Lightning Volleyball Club.
Greg was diagnosed in June, 2012 with bone cancer and has been undergoing chemo treatments since July and recently had the tumor and several inches of leg bone removed surgically.
It will be a "United for Greg" evening. It is being promoted by wearing yellow to the match and fundraising yellow t-shirts were made by the West Allis Lightning VBC and Burghardt's Sporting Goods to promote Greg's cause .
There will be kids games between sets of the varsity match.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Notes: March 26, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team to lose six seniors to graduation
- New Berlin Eisenhower track team off to strong start
- Plenty of talent returns for New Berlin West softball team
- New Berlin West's Rodriguez named MVP, Scaffidi Most Improved
- New Berlin West's Rayce Albino has great first week for girls track team
- Mattox takes over as New Berlin West boys basketball coach
- Alex Weiss named Marlins MVP
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys return 5 state track qualifiers
- New Berlin West girls basketball team celebrates amazing run