United for Greg volleyball match set for Tuesday at Ike
Boys spikers to host Catholic Memorial
The New Berlin United Boy's Varsity Volleyball team will be hosting a non-conference match vs Catholic Memorial, but it will be even more important than usual.
This match will be a fundraising benefit for a 14-year old New Berlin resident freshman at Marquette University High School who is battling bone cancer.
Greg Von Rueden went to Holy Apostles grade school and played volleyball with several players from both New Berlin United and CMH. He also plays club volleyball with several of these players for the West Allis Lightning Volleyball Club.
Greg was diagnosed in June, 2012 with bone cancer and has been undergoing chemo treatments since July and recently had the tumor and several inches of leg bone removed surgically.
It will be a "United for Greg" evening. It is being promoted by wearing yellow to the match and fundraising yellow t-shirts were made by the West Allis Lightning VBC and Burghardt's Sporting Goods to promote Greg's cause .
There will be kids games between sets of the varsity match.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wayne J. Hamilton Fundraiser set for Sunday
- New Berlin offers several summer basketball camps
- Track and Field Day set for Saturday at New Berlin West
- New Berlin Eisenhower softball team wins five of six
- New Berlin West girls soccer wins four of six games
- New Berlin West boys track team wins Hale Invite
- OUR TAKE
- Sports Shorts: May 9
- New Berlin West boys second at Woodland Relays; Eisenhower boys finish in 11th