Both New Berlin West and Eisenhower won WIAA first-round regional games on Tuesday.
8th-seeded West beat 9th-seeded Franklin, 6-1, as goals were scored by Drew Pearson (Kevin Marx assist), Marx twice (Victor Maniscalco), Maniscalco (Marx)
David Franke twice (Maniscalco one assist).
West now plays top-seeded Marquette at 5 p.m. at Quad Park on Thursday. The Hilltoppers beat 16th-seeded Milwaukee Pulaski/Arts/Juneau Tuesday night.
6th-seeded Eisenhower beat 11th-seeded Milwaukee South, 8-1, scoring four goals in each half.
Mason Gretzon had two goals, Corbin Messman had a goal and four assists, Stephen Evans had a goal and three assists, Aaron Wilson had a goal and an assist, Jimmy Kuhnz, Nick Popp and Nitish Katta all scored.
6th-seeded Ike travels to 3rd-seeded Milwaukee Bradley teach at 4 p.m. Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meyer's three-run homer sparks New Berlin Eisenhower's win over West
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower track team beats Vikings in dual meet
- Despite youth, Eisenhower's tennis players are talented
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015
- New Berlin athletics schedule picks up after spring break
- Personal bests abound for Eisenhower tracksters at WTFA
- Sport Shorts: April 9, 2015
- Eisenhower boys second in Woodland Indoor
- New Berlin West girls track team second at Woodland Indoor