Both New Berlin West and Eisenhower won WIAA first-round regional games on Tuesday.
8th-seeded West beat 9th-seeded Franklin, 6-1, as goals were scored by Drew Pearson (Kevin Marx assist), Marx twice (Victor Maniscalco), Maniscalco (Marx)
David Franke twice (Maniscalco one assist).
West now plays top-seeded Marquette at 5 p.m. at Quad Park on Thursday. The Hilltoppers beat 16th-seeded Milwaukee Pulaski/Arts/Juneau Tuesday night.
6th-seeded Eisenhower beat 11th-seeded Milwaukee South, 8-1, scoring four goals in each half.
Mason Gretzon had two goals, Corbin Messman had a goal and four assists, Stephen Evans had a goal and three assists, Aaron Wilson had a goal and an assist, Jimmy Kuhnz, Nick Popp and Nitish Katta all scored.
6th-seeded Ike travels to 3rd-seeded Milwaukee Bradley teach at 4 p.m. Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Kozlowski keys Lions' third win over West
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Pewaukee finds another gear in overtime to down New Berlin Eisenhower
- New Berlin West boys basketball loses to Catholic Memorial
- Boys basketball: Pewaukee finds another gear in overtime to down Lions
- Boys basketball: Eisenhower dials long distance, downs CMH
- Central extends win streak to five games
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls find shot in second half
- New Berlin Eisenhower's Gutierrez qualifies for state tourney
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 27